Beginners and Beyond

Sleep-in or Up and At 'Em SaturDAILIES (Read 23 times)

RunningOnSand

Which camp are you falling under? I'm the former, and at this point I'm glad! (I obviously haven't run yet).

LRB

Which camp are you falling under? 

Neither. 

Stayed up till 11:30, woke up at 3:45😐

if it were a run day that would be fine but it’s and off day😐

DavePNW

Neither. 

+1. Up early but not at anything.

Dave

Cyberic

Long runs on tired legs from yesterday ( 11 miles on the mountain with 7 x 1K @T).

Today way going to be 2 hours, with 8 x (5 minutes @ MP / 90 seconds at 10K pace). But since it's hot and humid, I figured I'd run everything a little slower, and it would be good.

During my 4th I decided I was going to take a break after, and split the workout in 2 parts. Stood in the shade for a couple of minutes, but there was no wind and it was still hot. I hit the 2nd batch hardly rested, so when I started the 6th, after a 90 secs at 10K pace, I said fuck this. I finished the 6th and jogged home. HR wouldn't come back down like it usually does on the jog home.

Ended up doing 2 hours with

10K warmup

4 x ( 5 min MP / 90 sec @ 10K)

2x ( 5 min MP / 90 sec @ 10K)

6 K cooldown

with MP and 10KP being slightly slower than the real thing

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sleep in, 100%. 6.3 miles this morning with 3 miles of 1 minute hard, 1 minute recover. Heat is back, last 2 miles were rough.

LRB

There is a penalty for heading out late in the morning to run in July, it's called burn dat black ass up.

I ended up with 10.65 miles (1 x 200m + 1 T + 4 x 400m + 1 T) and I'm pretty sure my **** flung off at some point during it. lol

I stopped several times in the shade during the 3 mile jog home and walked the last quarter mile, something I never do. Ever. I just didn't care, I was spent.

Running isn't stupid, I am.

RunningOnSand

Yeah the heat of July is stifling. I shouldn't complain much, though, because it's not as hot as it usually is. And I run in the shade, which helps a shitton. I slogged (if you can even call it that) through 11.2 miles. It was one of those runs, where, I was certain that some of the other people on the path should've yelled, "why don't you just walk?!" My legs are toast. But, it's peak week, so you'll have that.

For any of those interested, I went to the PT about my newfound hip pain. She was fantastic. Didn't prescribe any exercises for me! (Other than saying that I would benefit greatly from foam rolling and using a lacrosse ball on my hip and glute). She did an assessment, and my hips are "very tight". So she did some dry needling, which is an odd experience. Has anyone had it done? I think it's pretty effective, immediately. I'll go in for a few more dry needling sessions, and she'll attack my hamstring/glute issue soon.

Cyberic

I ended up with 10.65 miles (1 x 200m + 1 T + 4 x 400m + 1 T) and I'm pretty sure my **** flung off at some point during it. lol

I stopped several times in the shade during the 3 mile jog home and walked the last quarter mile, something I never do. Ever. I just didn't care, I was spent.

I felt it as I was reading it .

Cyberic

RoS, I can lend you a foam roller if you want Big grin

RunningOnSand

RoS, I can lend you a foam roller if you want Big grin

Sure! I'll be right over to grab it! Wink Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7 tonight

Saw the new Tarantino movie. Typical Tarantino and I loved it. Still laughing.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

13 with RP at 6am,  should have done 530am. Super humid. Had 6 mi progression MP to HMP which I almost bailed on 265 times. RP kept me on it. Of course I get home and see on Strava that my Coach bailed on her workout this morning due to the weather so maybe I should have.  Oh well, it's done. More importantly,  zero chafing.

Cyberic

DavePNW

For any of those interested, I went to the PT about my newfound hip pain. She was fantastic. Didn't prescribe any exercises for me! (Other than saying that I would benefit greatly from foam rolling and using a lacrosse ball on my hip and glute). She did an assessment, and my hips are "very tight". So she did some dry needling, which is an odd experience. Has anyone had it done? I think it's pretty effective, immediately. I'll go in for a few more dry needling sessions, and she'll attack my hamstring/glute issue soon.

Seems like a lot of people have, Baboon most recently. I believe he reported it to be significantly more painful than the injury itself, but effective.

I am glad everyone else seems to have positive PT experiences. Mine have all felt like a waste of time and money.

Dave