Beginners and Beyond

Nostalgic Tuesdailies (Read 58 times)

@runjerseygirl

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

It's so nice to see all the familiar names/faces.

I missed you guys.

Weights workout at 4:45 this morning.  2-3 miles during lunch on the agenda for me.

And y'all know how I like to start my days...

Do you even run?

Just B.S.

Morning Folks! Thought I would post again today since I will be gone for 2 weeks!

No run yesterday, too busy with work, making my costume and packing.

Hopefully today at work won't be too crazy and I will have time and energy for a run tonight.  We   are doing our

long run tomorrow morning as our flight doesn't leave until 4pm. We didn't get  it in on Sunday because of the

5k race (was 1.5 hours away and a monsoon by the time we got home)  but it was a good trade for hubby and 

wife personal bests and  double 1st place in AG.Big grin  I'm still basking as we will likely never be able to say

that again but it was a good way for hubby and I to celebrate his 50th!

Be good be safe. Train smart and race hard.    On Sunday morning you might think of me. Hubby and I

and 28 of our friends will be doing this on the Emerald Isle.

http://www.mooathon.com/

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Kay & Beth!

Just completed 5 quickish miles this morning at an 8:51 overall pace. Now, off to shower and then to work.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  10 miles with the last 5 progressive from MP to HMP tonight.

Kay, thanks for the coffee.

Beth, have fun in Ireland!

Tom, nice quickie.

Damaris

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning running gurus! Tonight I run 7 miles after work. I was thinking of making it a Fartlek run since I have done any speed work since coming back from my injury. It is headlamp and reflective vest season. If I leave past 6pm for any run, I will get home in the dark.

Make it a great day everyone! Get out there and run your arses' off! God bless.

delicate flower

Good morning!  10 miles last night at 8:28 pace.  Nice and easy.  What a gorgeous early fall day...sunny and 62 degrees.  A little more windy than I like, but I ain't complaining.  I'm planning 7-8 miles after work today at a harder effort, then all easy miles the rest of the week heading into a HM Saturday (I will not be racing it).  

Hi Kay!  Nice to see you here!

Beth, enjoy your trip!

Good morning Tom, Docket, Schnauzer, and all others checking into today's dailies!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh.   Our heat index is expected to be 99F and with the 77DP we have already, it's going to hurt to run.

I am really tired of this shit.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Beth, congrats and have a blast in Ireland!!!

Phil, see you and MBC on Saturday SmileThe post race cookies look delish!

Kay, welcome back!

SRD today. I have a job interview today though, wish me luck!!

LRB

Supp!

I did not get much sleep last night until it was time to wake up, of course.  >:-/

No running today, but an appointment with the sports doc at 2:15.  She's a triathlete and totally gets it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, lilac!

Damaris

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

I'm skipping my morning run to wait for a repair guy who has apparently decided not to show up.  That means 8+ miles on the treadmill at the gym tonight _and_ it means I'll get to miss a run later in the week to wait for the repair guy again.  Whee!

Hi Kay!

Good luck and happy travels Beth!

Tom- Nice run!

Damaris- Nice progression!

SUS- Enjoy your run!  I would make it a fartlek, that's a perfect way to get back into some speed stuff.

Baboon- Nice run!

Lilac- Good luck!

Rick- Glad you are seeing a sports doc!  Hope it helps!

delicate flower

Phil, see you and MBC on Saturday SmileThe post race cookies look delish! 

w00t w00000t!  Should be fun and a beautiful day!  The race usually has about 300 runners.  This year it sold out at 600.  Just enough to have people around you, but nowhere near enough to be crowded.

Good luck with your job interview!

<3

Hip Redux

Lookit Kay getting us started!

Morning all.    PT last night at the gym and my legs are feeling it, but no back pain and no more adductor pain than usual.  I guess RD today but we'll see, the weather has been SO NICE.

BS - good luck and have fun!!

Morning Tom, SUS, Baboon!

D - enjoy the run tonight.  No run for Mr. Rocket, I take it?

LL -  good luck on the interview!

LRB - I hope the dr has good news for you Smile

Meaghan - I hate when contractors blow you off.  Argh!

Jess runs for bacon

w00t w00000t!  Should be fun and a beautiful day!  The race usually has about 300 runners.  This year it sold out at 600.  Just enough to have people around you, but nowhere near enough to be crowded.

Good luck with your job interview!

I saw that! I will be starting at 8:15 with the walkers because my estimated finish will be over 2:30 which kind of sucks but for once I will be able to watch everyone finish Smile

LRB, glad you are seeing someone. Hope things go well!