Beginners and Beyond

Taco Tuesdailies (Read 41 times)

Mmm...tacos.

7 miles w/10 strides at 28 degrees, one of my coldest runs of the season, lol. Still in shorts, no hat, but borderline for both.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Exactly my thoughts when I read the title...

I have Pilates and 8 with 3 @ tempo.  Hubby caught a cold, and hoping it's not the flu as his surgery is on the 27th.  And I can already feel myself catching what he has.  Gah.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hello.  rofl!

2500 yard swim done.  Bike workout later.  Speaking of tacos, I am at racing weight and it is not racing season.  I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'.

<3

sdWhiskers

Ran 5 last night and it was completely effortless. My 6 this morning? Not so much. Cold and windy (for here) but I was way too hot in a long sleeve.

We have a catering service that makes lunch daily where I work. Food is free but more often than not, kind of gross. On the menu today: taco bowl day! which is one of the better ones.

zzyzx

yesterday was the big lift day followed by a much better bike session than Sunday.

Today was lat pulldown. long pull, leg sled and a 3/4 star challenge.  I've replaced the elliptical with stairs but I think that is mostly a good thing.

Yo runners.  And Baboon, who insists on swimming.  By the way, Baboon is right, the Darn Tough people will take back your socks and give you shiny new ones.  I might be in love, I usually get the thinnest possible model, but my feet start to hurt on LRs, so I tried the cushion version.  They are like clouds of whipped cream made from angel sheep.

It was a frigid 49 this morning, so unlike Dave, I layered on all the clothes.  I wasn't entirely sorry.  7 done.

Oh, and you guys, "woods" is sort of misleading.  I had to stop on 2 occasions, one was the easier reason with less need for TP.  I found a nice hedge surrounding the giant stone wall of a fancy schmancy gated neighborhood.  It offered perfect protection--the hedge went all the way to the ground and was about 6 feet tall, with about 2 feet of space between the hedge and the stone wall--and I timed it so no cars or dog walkers were around when I went in and came back out.  The second stop was on a "trail" by my house.  Said trail is wide enough to drive a vehicle on, and it's paved.  It's also winter (to the extent we have such a thing) and the foliage is pretty sparse (nothing you could even use as TP).  I scratched up my legs pretty well in my quest for a secluded area.  When I popped back out on the path, three ladies were walking past.  I give it a 50/50 chance they knew.  Hopefully they just thought I was lost.  Or a hobo.

But yeah, woods in my area = snobby hedge and paved nature trail.  Real woods would have been much easier.

By the way, Baboon is right, the Darn Tough people will take back your socks and give you shiny new ones.  I might be in love, I usually get the thinnest possible model, but my feet start to hurt on LRs, so I tried the cushion version.  They are like clouds of whipped cream made from angel sheep.

Oh, and you guys, "woods" is sort of misleading.  I had to stop on 2 occasions, one was the easier reason with less need for TP.  I found a nice hedge surrounding the giant stone wall of a fancy schmancy gated neighborhood.  It offered perfect protection--the hedge went all the way to the ground and was about 6 feet tall, with about 2 feet of space between the hedge and the stone wall--and I timed it so no cars or dog walkers were around when I went in and came back out.  The second stop was on a "trail" by my house.  Said trail is wide enough to drive a vehicle on, and it's paved.  It's also winter (to the extent we have such a thing) and the foliage is pretty sparse (nothing you could even use as TP).  I scratched up my legs pretty well in my quest for a secluded area.  When I popped back out on the path, three ladies were walking past.  I give it a 50/50 chance they knew.  Hopefully they just thought I was lost.  Or a hobo.

But yeah, woods in my area = snobby hedge and paved nature trail.  Real woods would have been much easier.

I like the Darn Tough guarantee, but unfortunately don't love their socks. Not stretchy enough. As an old man, putting on socks is one of the hardest things I do all day. I have to struggle with these a bit more than I'd like. Also, their thin ones are too thin & their thick ones are too thick.

My morning runs are more urban, much like Cyberic's. There's a public restroom at mile 2.5, which often works out about right, if sometimes just barely. Sometimes the PM strikes at mile 1-1.5, which makes it a long way without much option. A snobby hedge & paved nature trail would be welcome.

Dave

delicate flower

As an old man, putting on socks is one of the hardest things I do all day.

Christ Almighty you're old.

<3

Cyberic

Lots of details in there, LM 

Tough workout for me today.

Asked hired coach/mentor if I should consider going for 3 week days of intervals instead of two (plus long run, of course), given than the workouts are short because they're during work lunch break. First advice from him. He said he would advise against it. He also said he would advise against two in a row, like I did last week. He said that if I want to do more in the time I have, just run faster.

So today my workout was 5 x (5 laps (965m) /R:2 laps easy/jog)

Actual paces: 5:52, 5:56, 5:56, 5:52, 5:51 /mile. That's pretty much all I had.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I found a nice hedge surrounding the giant stone wall of a fancy schmancy gated neighborhood. 

I hope you remembered to check for security cameras.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

Not always time for that. Sometimes you need to go even if there aren't any cameras.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Not always time for that. Sometimes you need to go even if there aren't any cameras.

I'll look forward to the headline "Mad Pooper resurfaces in So Cal"

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Because if you see one while you are in the act, you flip it the bird.

Christ Almighty you're old.

Tell me something I don't know.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I'll look forward to the headline "Mad Pooper resurfaces in So Cal"

LOL. Big grin And another LOL to flipping it the bird. Big grin 

So, did someone mention Tacos?! YUM. That's what's for dinner over here! We try to abide by the "Taco Tuesday" rule most weeks. Makes everyone happy.

Docket, you need to Clorox bomb your house (and I need to do mine, too, as Mr. ROS caught what I had last week). 

Whiskers, so what was the temp this morning for you? Sucks that this morning's run wasn't a good one. 

ZZY, it seems like the stairs would be a better (more intense) workout than the elliptical.

I did 6. Outside! It was a balmy 15*F and I was so glad it warmed up. It'll continue the trend, and hit 40F by tomorrow, the weather forecasters say. Regarding socks, my new favorites are Swiftwicks, recommended by some good person on here. Love 'em.

onemile

Asked hired coach/mentor if I should consider going for 3 week days of intervals instead of two (plus long run, of course), given than the workouts are short because they're during work lunch break. First advice from him. He said he would advise against it. He also said he would advise against two in a row, like I did last week. He said that if I want to do more in the time I have, just run faster.

lol

so are you going to give up on the back to back workouts or ignore the coach you paid to advise you?