Beginners and Beyond

Taco Tuesdailies (Read 41 times)

Cyberic

lol

so are you going to give up on the back to back workouts or ignore the coach you paid to advise you?

Give up on the back to backs. Maybe if I paid you, I'd listen to you more.

sdWhiskers

Whiskers, so what was the temp this morning for you? Sucks that this morning's run wasn't a good one. 

55-60 but windy. We don't really do wind chill here, so not sure about that. I needed a long sleeve last night when I ran so I just assumed I needed it again this morning at 530am. TBH I just get dressed in the morning and head outside without ever checking weather, because, well...this is San Diego.

DavePNW

Give up on the back to backs. Maybe if I paid you, I'd listen to you more.

Doubtful. 

Dave

Cyberic

Doubtful. 

What? And feel like I've wasted my money?

KCRuns

Happy Tuesday!  I got 6.1 on the TM during lunch.  It was supposed to be an easy run, but I felt great during the warm up, so I decided to move tomorrow's workout to today.  3x 1M @ 10k w/400 JR.  Everything felt good and even my music aligned just right with the intervals.

I have started doing longer and slower cool downs, including 4-5 minutes of walking at the end.  I didn't think I was skimping on cool downs before, but I've noticed a big difference in recovery.

Runshortii

I ran 4. Maybe the 8 miler I missed Sunday was a good thing because my inner ankle that has been bothering me for 2 weeks hasn’t bothered me the past two days

DavePNW

I have started doing longer and slower cool downs, including 4-5 minutes of walking at the end.  I didn't think I was skimping on cool downs before, but I've noticed a big difference in recovery.

Cooldown miles after a hard workout are the worst miles ever. Generally 1-2 miles, but they seem interminable.

Dave

KCRuns

Cooldown miles after a hard workout are the worst miles ever. Generally 1-2 miles, but they seem interminable.

True.  But when the alternative is to get off the TM and go back to work, they're not so bad.

onemile

What? And feel like I've wasted my money?

It always baffles me when people pay for advice and then don't follow it. If you want to do your own thing, that's fine but why pay a coach if you aren't going to follow them?

Runshortii

+1

I'm 99% sure the hedge incident was recorded by some camera, somewhere.  It could be security, it could be the traffic cameras, it's possible the google vehicle passed by and I didn't notice.  But, I can assure you that even if it was preserved, there was nothing to see.  https://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/5-ways-for-women-to-discreetly-pee-in-public/slide/4

I mean really, those people should thank me for watering their hedgerow.  I'm a GD good Samaritan when you think about it.  

Dave, I have bathrooms on my route, but the bastards are very inconsistent about opening them.  Also, these situations happened about 5 miles away from said bathrooms.  Desperate times.  Also, unrelated, but I agree that the second cooldown mile lasts for approximately 12 years.  And I understand the sock specificity.  I hate cushioned socks.  Hate them.  But my feet were really starting to hurt, and these actually did help.  I'm on the size bubble, I buy up so I don't have to rely on the stretch.  But yeah.  When you find what works, HOARD THAT SHIT.

Which reminds me, I have managed to acquire a second pair of Ghost 10s.  Hoarding starts now.

DavePNW

I'm 99% sure the hedge incident was recorded by some camera, somewhere.  It could be security, it could be the traffic cameras, it's possible the google vehicle passed by and I didn't notice.  But, I can assure you that even if it was preserved, there was nothing to see.  https://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/5-ways-for-women-to-discreetly-pee-in-public/slide/4

Dave, I have bathrooms on my route, but the bastards are very inconsistent about opening them.  Also, these situations happened about 5 miles away from said bathrooms.  Desperate times.  Also, unrelated, but I agree that the second cooldown mile lasts for approximately 12 years.  And I understand the sock specificity.  I hate cushioned socks.  Hate them.  But my feet were really starting to hurt, and these actually did help.  I'm on the size bubble, I buy up so I don't have to rely on the stretch.  But yeah.  When you find what works, HOARD THAT SHIT.

Which reminds me, I have managed to acquire a second pair of Ghost 10s.  Hoarding starts now.

Seems like a bad idea for me to click that link on my work computer.

There is actually a gas station around mile 1, but I have tried stopping there and the guy who runs it is very adamant that the restroom is "customers only". The nerve! Interestingly, around mile 2, I pass by the Brooks Global Headquarters; they ought to have bathroom facilities for runners open 24/7! (Only problem is that a lot of homeless folks also frequent the area.)

I like a little cushioning in my socks, but not too much. Feetures cushioned socks have the perfect amount, as well as the requisite stretchiness. So they are my go-to. Although they do develop holes more quickly than I'd like. Can't have everything.

And I still have a stash of Ghost 9s. So, some time before I have to worry about a model change.

Dave

Cyberic

I use shoes that answer my cushioning needs. I wear the cheapest socks I can find except for sub 0 temps, when I wear warmer socks, that I paid big bucks for.

Runshortii

Dave, I have bathrooms on my route, but the bastards are very inconsistent about opening them.  

I run past the HS baseball fields a lot and their outdoor bathrooms are NEVER unlocked. So annoying. Depending which direction I run though I usually run past a library or grade school with a bathroom.

DavePNW

I run past the HS baseball fields a lot and their outdoor bathrooms are NEVER unlocked. So annoying. Depending which direction I run though I usually run past a library or grade school with a bathroom.

There is a ton of construction going on everywhere in Seattle, but too often the portapotties are behind a chain-link fence. Or locked, when no workers present. And when there are workers, it's a little weird using them.

One of my favorite options are hotels - they are generally open all hours, and the front desk people don't usually hassle you. There are a couple on one of my routes, and sometimes see them when running out of town.

Dave