Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #13 (Read 36 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Time to get going!

Ran 6.4, with about 4.4 on icy sidewalks/streets, and 2-ish around a golf course (good traction but a few semi-frozen puddle surprises). Since the temp was just barely 30, I got to run in shorts while it snowed! Always a good feeling!

Have a great start to your week!

Cyberic

Run commute this morning. Went well.

onemile

Run commute this morning. Went well.

how is your mouth feeling?

onemile

Today is a rest day for me

Cyberic

how is your mouth feeling?

Pretty good. I did not see any improvement until this morning. I think it's finally feeling less sore. Not 100% sure, but I think so.

5.4, three on flat elevated pace then 2.4 bowl hills... ham felt fine and still feels fine

LRB

I ran 4.

It was one of the most exhilarating runs I can remember. Not because of the pace or how great I felt, but because I was running across ice like it was dry concrete! Snow, slush, fozen puddles, not a single issue with any of it. It was awesome. Then I got to work and my right butt cheek started hurting. Come on man!

Cyberic

I ran 4.

It was one of the most exhilarating runs I can remember. Not because of the pace or how great I felt, but because I was running across ice like it was dry concrete! Snow, slush, fozen puddles, not a single issue with any of it. It was awesome. Then I got to work and my right butt cheek started hurting. Come on man!

I remember the first time I had screw shoes, how I enjoyed running by people struggling with their footing and look at me in amazement as I'd zoom by them with a smile.

They're all the more effective when there's a coat of water over the ice, or a thin layer of snow. Those are conditions that make rubber completely useless, and it makes absolutely no difference to metal spikes/screws.

MTA: Tried my new screw shoes this morning. Went with a more agressive screw placement this year. Better on ice, but more slippery on pavement/asphalt. I put the screws more in the center line of the shoes where the weight of the body is, and less on the sides of the shoes.

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 2 x (8 x 200/200) with 800 rest between sets. Averaged 7:37 which is right where I wanted to be.

For marathon training, I was running 1 workout during the week and 1 workout during the weekend LR. Now I'm trying out 2 weekday workouts plus easy LR on the weekend. I've also been running for 32 days straight. Body is feeling good right now but I've changed a bunch of variables so the scientist in me can't come to any conclusions about which factor is having the biggest impact.

We have snow! About 2 inches, which is enough to shut everything down around here. Fortunately I don’t have to go into work. Run later. It’s 30 degrees so I might actually wear pants, IDK that’s right on the edge.

Dave

Cyberic

8 miles with 2 x (8 x 200/200) with 800 rest between sets. Averaged 7:37 which is right where I wanted to be.

For marathon training, I was running 1 workout during the week and 1 workout during the weekend LR. Now I'm trying out 2 weekday workouts plus easy LR on the weekend. I've also been running for 32 days straight. Body is feeling good right now but I've changed a bunch of variables so the scientist in me can't come to any conclusions about which factor is having the biggest impact.

I don't work as a scientist, but I approach these questions with a scientific approach too. I quit before I finished my degree in Chemistry, but I still got a good grasp of the scientific approach in those years.

That being said, I often find it very very hard to nail the effect of one particular factor in training because of all the possible interactions between them, and external factors like work stress, viruses, family stuff...

Finding the impact on how you're feeling is, even if difficult, still much easier than figuring out the impact on race day performances.

Only my opinion/personnal experience.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Back home and thankfully took today off since I got home around 1am. I have 0-4 today.

Damaris

Well certainly there’s plenty of science that applies to running, but a lot of shit just doesn’t make sense.

Dave

LRB

Time to get going!

Ran 6.4, with about 4.4 on icy sidewalks/streets, and 2-ish around a golf course (good traction but a few semi-frozen puddle surprises). Since the temp was just barely 30, I got to run in shorts while it snowed! Always a good feeling!

Have a great start to your week!

It was pleasant out as these things go.

LRB

I remember the first time I had screw shoes, how I enjoyed running by people struggling with their footing and look at me in amazement as I'd zoom by them with a smile.

They're all the more effective when there's a coat of water over the ice, or a thin layer of snow. Those are conditions that make rubber completely useless, and it makes absolutely no difference to metal spikes/screws.

MTA: Tried my new screw shoes this morning. Went with a more agressive screw placement this year. Better on ice, but more slippery on pavement/asphalt. I put the screws more in the center line of the shoes where the weight of the body is, and less on the sides of the shoes.

Yeah, the coating of snow definitely helped, whereas it usually makes trekking across ice more treacherous.