Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Two shifts to freedom (Read 37 times)

LRB

I ran 8.

I've got work after work today so it'll be awhile before I get back to the crib. Blah.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I went to bed at 9:30pm!  And slept on and off through 5:45 when Sammy decided to scare the shit out of me by running real fast all over the second floor like a bat out of hell.  Anyway, left the cats again inside the blue room because they are coming to the house to check the fans and I have 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Work after work? Sounds miserable...kinda like morning running for me, which I had to do in order to get a run in today. 9.5 miles last night, after forgetting to start my watch for the first mile, and then 4 miles morning. It wasn't even that early, but man does my body hate it.

Docket...I had you beat - went to bed at 8:30  I was tired from the evening miles and knew I had to get morning ones, so I figured I may as well go all in on sleeping.

ETA...I'm actually a rare bird in that I'm neither an nighttime or morning person. What does that actually make me, just lazy?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Anybody know if there's an elevation widget for your statistics page? I'm not finding one, but that doesn't really mean much about whether or not it's actually there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My elevation data went away after RA changed the maps from google to whatever he is using, I think.  I went to look for the elevation from my hilly race and couldn't find it.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the trainer + 4 outside, it was FREEZING. And I feel like I'm coming down with something, which is really not great timing. I mean, I guess if I have to be sick for a race I'd rather have it be this HM than the marathon but it's not like they're mutually exclusive.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Whatcha got there, cowboy!!  I ran 5 miles last night and 5 miles this morning, all easy.  I got all of my runs in this week despite an insane work week, so I am very happy about that, although I did skip the tempo work in lieu of more easy miles.  I've also really been enjoying the pre-work runs, because I hate getting up early to swim, but getting up early to run is a much better alternative.

So speaking of runs, last night's run was interesting.  About halfway in, a bear scared the hell out of me.  I was just running along on the bike path, kind of zoned out, and I ran right past it just a couple of feet away.  Like if I took one step to my left, I could have touched it.  I started him and he grunted at me, which startled me and I jumped.  But I just kept running and shouted to the walkers behind me "Heads up...BEAR!" and so they turned around and walked back in the other direction.  Good times.  I like seeing bears, and I see them a handful of times a year.   Then near the end of my run there was a young couple walking their cat on a leash.  lol

<3

I may as well go all in on sleeping.

I did not. Woke up at 2AM and never got back to sleep. I may have actually beat Freesoul this morning? Which is not an aspiration. Anyway, 6 miles.

Dave

So speaking of runs, last night's run was interesting.  About halfway in, a bear scared the hell out of me.  I was just running along on the bike path, kind of zoned out, and I ran right past it just a couple of feet away.  Like if I took one step to my left, I could have touched it.  I started him and he grunted at me, which startled me and I jumped.  But I just kept running and shouted to the walkers behind me "Heads up...BEAR!" and so they turned around and walked back in the other direction.  Good times.  I like seeing bears, and I see them a handful of times a year.   Then near the end of my run there was a young couple walking their cat on a leash.  lol

Holy fuck, I would crap my pants.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I did not. Woke up at 2AM and never got back to sleep. I may have actually beat Freesoul this morning? Which is not an aspiration. Anyway, 6 miles.

I think I'd just combust, or more likely be reduced to an immediate pile of ash.

Baboon...wow, what an encounter! Here I thought having a great dane run out after me yesterday was rough. Do you carry anything as a just in case?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Made it to the gym, then spent 30 minutes trying to decide where I wanted to run. By the time I found the place, the lightning had begun to creep in (thank you forecast for not saying ANYTHING about lightning this morning ) had to cut my 6 miles down to 3.6 to avoid being struck by lightning.

Maybe I can get another 3 in later today, but the forecast is showing showers all day and I doubt Dorian would want to sit in the stroller getting soaked. We shall see.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I'd just combust, or more likely be reduced to an immediate pile of ash.

Baboon...wow, what an encounter! Here I thought having a great dane run out after me yesterday was rough. Do you carry anything as a just in case?

Likewise.

Damaris

delicate flower

Holy fuck, I would crap my pants.

The first couple of times I saw bears, it scared me and I detoured off my routes.  I've gotten so used to them now that I'll just stop, wait for them to move along, and continue on my way.  I don't carry anything for protection.  These are black bears that are so used to people that they just don't care about us.  There are so many black bears roaming around my town that there are ongoing discussions about allowing an annual bear hunt to pare down the growing population.  They are becoming a domestic nuisance, making a mess out of garbage cans, killing farm chickens and ducks, and getting into people's garages and patios.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The first couple of times I saw bears, it scared me and I detoured off my routes.  I've gotten so used to them now that I'll just stop, wait for them to move along, and continue on my way.  I don't carry anything for protection.  These are black bears that are so used to people that they just don't care about us.  There are so many black bears roaming around my town that there are ongoing discussions about allowing an annual bear hunt to pare down the growing population.  They are becoming a domestic nuisance, making a mess out of garbage cans, killing farm chickens and ducks, and getting into people's garages and patios.

So you're saying they're just cute little bastards 

Whatcha got there, cowboy!!  I ran 5 miles last night and 5 miles this morning, all easy.  I got all of my runs in this week despite an insane work week, so I am very happy about that, although I did skip the tempo work in lieu of more easy miles.  I've also really been enjoying the pre-work runs, because I hate getting up early to swim, but getting up early to run is a much better alternative.

My wife would be collecting the life insurance as my heart would have popped

off today to have fresh legs tomorrow