Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Two shifts to freedom (Read 37 times)

DavePNW

Guess I'll wait ten years, if I want to run it.

If I can somehow manage to not get any slower over the next 5.5 years, I could get in. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I am currently freezing to death and because it's only going to get colder, I'm wearing my new Tracksmith team singlet on Sunday because I finally have one that fits properly. A moot point, I guess, since I will subsequently die of exposure.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I am currently freezing to death and because it's only going to get colder, I'm wearing my new Tracksmith team singlet on Sunday because I finally have one that fits properly. A moot point, I guess, since I will subsequently die of exposure.

what is the temp going to be?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

what is the temp going to be?

Around 50 at the start... that's subarctic to me. I'd probably be okay once I start running but that won't matter if I die before I get the chance. That's one of the worst things about these huge races, all the WAITING. I'll have to dig up a heat sheet to toss.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Around 50 at the start... that's subarctic to me. I'd probably be okay once I start running but that won't matter if I die before I get the chance. That's one of the worst things about these huge races, all the WAITING. I'll have to dig up a heat sheet to toss.

Ha, 47 for me, pretty close, but that's perfect for me. No wind. I should be OK waiting for the start at this temp. But maybe have something with me and see how it feels when I step out of the car.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Ha, 47 for me, pretty close, but that's perfect for me. No wind. I should be OK waiting for the start at this temp. But maybe have something with me and see how it feels when I step out of the car.

I am currently holed up in my bedroom with the split unit running at 74 because the 71 in the rest of the house was too frigid for me. And I am STILL COLD. So yeah, Sunday morning will be more than a little unpleasant.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I didn't ask. I was not really aware of their qualifying time requirements, but just looked it up and JHC.

Hmm, I suppose they're dangling the golden carrot.

LRB

I am currently holed up in my bedroom with the split unit running at 74 because the 71 in the rest of the house was too frigid for me. And I am STILL COLD. So yeah, Sunday morning will be more than a little unpleasant.

I went through that earlier this week. 

LRB

You're funny!

LRB

ETA...I'm actually a rare bird in that I'm neither an nighttime or morning person. What does that actually make me, just lazy?

A myth? 

LRB

Work after work? Sounds miserable...

I'm done. I left work two hours earlier so I just need an hour past normal quitting time to finish the second gig. 👍

onemile

I ran 8

GinnyinPA

I went for an 8 mile hike.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Its gonna be like 38 or 39 degrees tomorrow morning!!! I can't wait to hit the trails with the dogs!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Its gonna be like 33 degrees tomorrow morning!!!