Beginners and Beyond

Monumental Saturdailies (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Damaris just posted this on FB

I just saw Deena Kastor passed me by like nothing at all. OMG

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

For anyone interested, Thee Vest is currently $39.99 (30 bucks off) with the coupon code DAYLIGHT.

LRB

It's like marathon city every week up in this joint. Here's a marathon for you, here's a marathon for you, here a marathon, there a marathon, everyone gets a marathon. lol

LRB

We expect to see that nice clean bib crumpled up and beat to shit when it's over. #26milesofgetdatasskicked

DavePNW

Good luck D & FS!

Damaris just posted this on FB

I just saw Deena Kastor passed me by like nothing at all. OMG

What was Deena doing behind her? 

Dave

Cyberic

It's like marathon city every week up in this joint. Here's a marathon for you, here's a marathon for you, here a marathon, there a marathon, everyone gets a marathon. lol

That's why we hang around here

Kick some ass for us D and FS!!!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good luck D & FS!

What was Deena doing behind her? 

Got  response from D.  They were still at the convention center and the race hadn't started yet.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Got  response from D.  They were still at the convention center and the race hadn't started yet.

That makes more sense.

Dave

delicate flower

Good luck FS and DR and anybody else who needs luck for something today!!

No running for me.  HOORAY!!  I am going mountain biking with wife and friends.  Show of hands for anyone who slept 10.5 hours last night?  *hand raised*

<3

LRB

Good luck FS and DR and anybody else who needs luck for something today!!

No running for me.  HOORAY!!  I am going mountain biking with wife and friends.  Show of hands for anyone who slept 10.5 hours last night?  *hand raised*

More like I was up for 10.5 hours. 

DavePNW

Show of hands for anyone who slept 10.5 hours last night?  *hand raised*

Well that would never ever happen, but I slept like a rock last night - from about 8:30-3:30, without even waking up at any point in the middle, which is the most amazing part. Pretty sad when you feel good about waking up at 3:30 on a Saturday morning, but I’ll take it. It was kind of make-up sleep, since the previous night I slept from 9-11 and 2-4.

I never did check in here yesterday, which I’m sure had everyone desperately concerned. Don’t worry, I’m fine! I ran from home, and had to jump onto an emergency early conference call literally right out of the shower, and the rest of the work day was pretty crazy after that. My run was...ugh. 14 miles, and it was really a grind. Just seemed like it would never end. Maybe a combination of peak-week marathon training fatigue, and a roll-out-of-bed run, which takes me forever to warm up, if ever. In fact I actually felt colder as the run progressed. I suppose it probably was getting colder, since I started around 4:30 AM. It was 35 at the start, where I normally might add a second layer, but didn’t. Anyway, I guess 14 miles on a weekday should hard, but it got done. Even added strides at the end. Short easy one today, after sitting around and being lazy for a while.

Dave

LRB

Well that would never ever happen, but I slept like a rock last night - from about 8:30-3:30, without even waking up at any point in the middle, which is the most amazing part. Pretty sad when you feel good about waking up at 3:30 on a Saturday morning, but I’ll take it. It was kind of make-up sleep, since the previous night I slept from 9-11 and 2-4.

I never did check in here yesterday, which I’m sure had everyone desperately concerned. Don’t worry, I’m fine! I ran from home, and had to jump onto an emergency early conference call literally right out of the shower, and the rest of the work day was pretty crazy after that. My run was...ugh. 14 miles, and it was really a grind. Just seemed like it would never end. Maybe a combination of peak-week marathon training fatigue, and a roll-out-of-bed run, which takes me forever to warm up, if ever. In fact I actually felt colder as the run progressed. I suppose it probably was getting colder, since I started around 4:30 AM. It was 35 at the start, where I normally might add a second layer, but didn’t. Anyway, I guess 14 miles on a weekday should hard, but it got done. Even added strides at the end. Short easy one today, after sitting around and being lazy for a while.

That. You're killing it dude. #keepgrinding

LRB

Indy has text tracking which is always cool.

Cyberic

Got a (very overdue) haircut. With my only one week old beard and long hair I looked like a homeless person. Now I look like a decent dude coming back from a hunting trip.