Beginners and Beyond

Woo-Hoo for the weekend! Its Friday Penguins! (Read 26 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom, hope you have a wonderful weekend and finish everything you need to do. M&M's are deadly for the other half in this house. He is gross though. Puts them in a glass, in the microwave for 20 seconds, then pours milk over them. Bork.

Wow, that does NOT sound tasty!!  Dead

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Bin Running

HopesMom, hope you have a wonderful weekend and finish everything you need to do. M&M's are deadly for the other half in this house. He is gross though. Puts them in a glass, in the microwave for 20 seconds, then pours milk over them. Bork.

I like chocolate.. and M&M too.. M&M plain or with peanut? Maybe I should try this.. I will need to know the potion of M&M and milk.. Big grin

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: How is your Pfitz plan going? I am in week 9 and for the first time I am feeling some fatigue. I suppose it is normal? I have a big run coming up on Sunday; 16 w 12@GMP. I hope I can pull it off.

Dad on the run.

CoralieT - MMs in milk is good! I've done this too, I don't microwave mine though, I just pour milk over them and mix them around for a bit Smile

HopesMom - Stretching and rolling is all I can find on a cure for ITBS. If I would be more consistent with it I would probably get better quicker, but I forget sometimes.... :/

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

I like chocolate.. and M&M too.. M&M plain or with peanut? Maybe I should try this.. I will need to know the potion of M&M and milk.. Big grin

He just pours milk over them, like half way up in a glass? I try not to look! He then swishes them around until the milk goes a nasty bluish colour, drinks the milk, then eats the M&M's. Naaaaasty. Lol.

Bin Running

Bin: How is your Pfitz plan going? I am in week 9 and for the first time I am feeling some fatigue. I suppose it is normal? I have a big run coming up on Sunday; 16 w 12@GMP. I hope I can pull it off.

Doing great although I am experiencing fatigue as well.. I am completing week 11.. 8 more weeks to race.. I have 16 w/12 @ GMP on Sunday as well.. Tmr I am putting in 7M w/ 8 x100 to help lossen up..

My plan might be a little different from yours as I mix and match a bit.. Doing 18/59, although I might not hit a peak of 59 (current peak at 56). My avg miles for the whole plan is 48+.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

He just pours milk over them, like half way up in a glass? I try not to look! He then swishes them around until the milk goes a nasty bluish colour, drinks the milk, then eats the M&M's. Naaaaasty. Lol.

Will definitely have to try this sometimes..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

Morning!

Jimmy-- great job!

Hi ya Margo, Bin, Awood, Mitch, and Zelanie!

Baconista-- Cry  I"m sorry you aren't feeling well.  As far as I know, running with fever is never good. Also, if your illness is in your chest its still not a good idea.   Sure how you start feeling better soon.

Jerry-- hey!

HsM & Jack-- LOL @ your hubby;  I think he's related to mine.

Docket-- enjoy the taper if you can.

Coralie-- I'm sorry your cold front didn't come in.  I know how discouraging it is to have the heat go on and on.  Good luck with your surgery.  LMFAO@ your DH with M&Ms.

Dave-- wooohooo, first 50k!  Hope you get some energy soon.

I still have't run today.  With DH on furlough, he's wan'ting to stay up late & sleep in, and of course, I've indulged in these habits also.  I might try to get a few miles (3 or 4) in a bit.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I did 16 with 12 @ marathon pace.  It was tough, but I have 19 with 15 @ mp coming up soon.  Daniels says if I can't do it, to adjust my goals.  No pressure lol.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: What is your GMP?

She Can: are you doing the HM?

PADRunner

6 easy this morning and 3 tempo yesterday.

Singer who runs a smidge

And in my lunch today, I discovered ... a zip-loc bag of M&M's!!  But I'm eating them straight, no milk ...  Approve

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

She Can: are you doing the HM?

Hey Jack... I'm taking the "run" and see attitude right now.  I don't see why i shouldn't at least be able to do the Half...I hope! Wink

PAD-- hi ya and good job on the half!

hehehe HsM... at least he's sharing those M & M's!  What a sweetie!

I ended up going for a bit over 4-1/2 at a super easy pace.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gail and I are off work today and it was kind of crazy at our house this morning, the cable guy was here to fix our cable, the bug folks were here to spray our area - we have a maintenance contract with them - and then we had some folks here giving us an estimate for a new fence and deck..and they all got here within 10 minutes of each other. Quite a party for me and Gail, going from group to group getting everything going, lol.  Rest day for me today and I have a 5K tomorrow on the campus of the university where I work.  Yeah, get to chase college cheerleaders! Joking  That will be followed by an "Appreciation 5K" on Sunday morning, being put on by my running club - San Antonio RoadRunners - celebrating the 30th anniversary of the club, and all we members get free entry, nice.

I have been running for 30 years, so not too bad for an old dog who will in February turn 420 in dog years (that's 60 in human years for you humans Wink)   I sat down last night and calculated all my lifetime miles and see that I am approaching one figure:  I have 260 miles to go before I hit 60,000 lifetime miles.  I turn 60 in February, so I'm thinking it would be cool - and very "runner aesthetic" Joking -  to make 60,000 lifetime miles when I turn 60.  That's only 16 miles a week from now till then, so  16 miles a week is not much, I think my arthritis might be able to handle that.  I'm doing about 12 - 15 miles a week now, so 16 is not that much of a jump.   60,000 at 60, my new goal, lol.

Personals

Thanks for starting things off Jimmy!  Glad the ITB does not affect your typing skills. Wink  Congrats on getting your miles in, in spite of the ITB.  Hope that issue resolves soon for you!

It is after work now, so hope your tempo run is going/went well, Margo!

Happy rest day, Bin!  With the time difference, your weekend has already started, right?

Awood is probably stuck in that Chicago rush hour traffic right about now...

Good luck with the post-work miles, Mitch!

Hope you feel better, Zelanie!

You too, Baconista, hope you feel better!  The rule of thumb is "above the neck, okay to run; below the neck (congestion in the chest, etc) wait until your lungs 'clear" and you can breathe normally again.   Also, be careful, because if you run too much with your lungs congested, a rare but nasty little side effect can be that you also strain your heart a bit too much and can get a nasty little virus in your heart. As said, rare, but it does happen.   I forget what the name of the virus is, but it sure was scary reading about it.   Don't risk getting any complications, let your congestion get better.

Hope you and DW had a great run, Jerry!

I just need to stake my beans.   Wow, when you put it that way, HsM, it sounds....painful. Joking  Enjoy that 'leisurely" weekend!

Only 4 miles, Damaris?  Not feeling well?  Oh wait, you are tapering for MCM, right?  Good luck, and behave yourself!

Happy relaxing evening to you, Jack, whatever you decide to do!

Sorry about Mother Nature pissing on your parade, Coralie!  But please thank her for me, because she sent YOUR cooler weather our way.   It will be warm for my 5K tomorrow morning, but then temps will begin dropping into the 60s by Saturday afternoon and for my 5K on Sunday morning...54 degrees!  So thank you for sharing!  Joking   I think you will do just fine for your event.  And good luck with the ling run, whichever time you decide to run it.  Yuck, that M&M thing sounds awful...

Good luck with the 50K upcoming, Dave, happy training!  After you signed up, I bet your wife said "I told you so..."

Cherie, you need to work up a 2-or-3-page  "honey do' list for your DH, to keep him busy while on furlough, so you can get back to your good running habits. Wink  Glad you were able to get some miles in today.

Congrats on the runs, PAD!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Baconista, I'm such a baby when I'm sick that I don't run if I have a cold. If you have chest congestion, it is definitely best to rest for a couple of days. Feel better soon!

Docket, from last night, it will be tough for you to eat in NOLA. Avoiding dishes with shellfish is easy, but often shellfish is so prolific they use the same fryers, and the same grills for different proteins. I just thought, you are vegetarian, so that will help a bit. On the other hand, I don't know how vegetarian friendly NOLA is, lol. I'm pretty they would consider a fish dish a vegetarian dish. I was a vegetarian for 10 years before I got to the US. I remember a visit to Italy, every time I asked for a vegetarian meal I got a plate full of roasted vegetables like aubergine and courgettes. Can't stand either of them.

Jimmy, glad to see you running easy! Hopefully the pain will get less and less.

Bin, enjoy your rest day.

Philliefan, have a great day at work. Hope your 6-7 goes well.

Awood, tomorrow is Saturday! Stay strong through the busy day Smile

Mitch, hope the 4-5 go well.

Zelanie, sorry you are feeling under the weather. Lots of garlic and vitamin C!

Jerry, have a great run with your DW

Morning all Smile My pity party is in full swing. Tropical Storm has delayed the cold front that was supposed to get here Saturday morning, to Monday morning. I was so looking forward to temps in the 50's for my last long run before surgery. Now it will be 75F/74DP at 7am. I'm just really disappointed. In fact, Sunday at 4pm is projected to be cooler at 73F with 61 DP. Maybe I will bump my long run until Sunday. I hate running outside during the day, people might see me Dead

I am no longer a vegetarian but knowing my husband will choose a Chili's over a NOLA authentic place, or pizza, we might be OK.

Damaris