Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES; ZZZZZ's (Read 43 times)

Cyberic

This last cycle I did most weeks with 1 workout + 1 hard long run workout. And then, the weeks that I did an easy paced long run I did two workouts during the week. I thought that worked pretty well.  Gives a little flexibility and I didn't feel overly beat down or burnt out.

Yeah, I remember your hard long runs. Those must have been beneficial I guess. And how did you feel on marathon day? Did you feel like you weren't prepared as much?

onemile

Yeah, I remember your hard long runs. Those must have been beneficial I guess. And how did you feel on marathon day? Did you feel like you weren't prepared as much?

Uh,no, actually I felt the most prepared I have ever been.  And I ran the closest I ever have to my McMillan projected time (2:42 off)

Cyberic

Uh,no, actually I felt the most prepared I have ever been.  And I ran the closest I ever have to my McMillan projected time (2:42 off)

Nice. And was that in a plan, or were you playing it by ear (I seem to remember you following a Higdon plan?)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles and 4 sets of Berthas.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

cjones1

Is a cutback month a thing?  Because I'm saying it is.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

onemile

Nice. And was that in a plan, or were you playing it by ear (I seem to remember you following a Higdon plan?)

Hal Higdon? Seriously? No. It was a Hudson based plan, given to me by a coach.

Zelanie

I did 3mi hard (9:15,8:32, 7:56),  1/2 mi recovery, then 3x1mi (8:32, 8:29, 8:57) with one big hill thrown in before the last rep.  I wasn't looking at my watch, just trying to run 9:00 pace (my goal MP atm). 

You went out to run MP by feel and ended up running 5K pace? 

I'll run 6ish at some point today.

Cyberic

Ooops, 2 coaches I don't know whose name start with an H, thus the confusion. Didn't mean to insult you. So you had a plan.

Ric-G

5 miles this morning...have a groupon thing to go kart racing with my younger son...

saw "the big short" yesterday and thought it was wonderful how the banks, wall street, rating agencies, and government regulators (SEC) did such  a great job running things. cool.  have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I LOLd when I read his post.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 6. Surpassed my highest month ever and about 11 away from 1500.

LRB

Is a cutback year a thing?  Because I'm saying it is.

I'm pretty sure you're okay CJ.

LRB

5 miles this morning...have a groupon thing to go kart racing with my younger son...

saw "the big short" yesterday and thought it was wonderful how the banks, wall street, rating agencies, and government regulators (SEC) did such  a great job running things. cool.  have a great day everyone!

I didn't think much of groupons until my coworker printed one off for $25 off my favorite restaurant!

LRB

A little over 6. Surpassed my highest month ever and about 11 away from 1500.

This pleases me.

LRB

I'm searching for yoga classes.