Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES; ZZZZZ's (Read 43 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yeah, I know... I get sick of dealing with mine a lot (100% curly), and I'm tempted to cut it off, but then I remember that when I was a kid my mom DID have it all cut off.  I looked like a boy.  And it was a nightmare growing it back in, so I am never cutting it short again!  I wish I could get it to be long, but my stylist tells me that curly hair tends to grow out, not down

100% curly here, I don't find that true. Now granted with the fact it has rained for what seems like the last month, it has meant endless bad hair days. That said, mine definitely grows down. Last year it was to my bra line (when curly). It just seems like it takes forever to grow since it probably need 3 inches to look like 1. I really need a haircut, but have had such crappy luck finding a decent salon, that I go months between hair cuts.

bluerun

Super B****

100% curly here, I don't find that true. Now granted with the fact it has rained for what seems like the last month, it has meant endless bad hair days. That said, mine definitely grows down. Last year it was to my bra line (when curly). It just seems like it takes forever to grow since it probably need 3 inches to look like 1. I really need a haircut, but have had such crappy luck finding a decent salon, that I go months between hair cuts.

I don't find it to be true in that it doesn't LOOK like it grows out vs. down... but I can see that it did grow, because the color grew out, but it never seems to look much longer than just past my shoulders. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

I don't find it to be true in that it doesn't LOOK like it grows out vs. down... but I can see that it did grow, because the color grew out, but it never seems to look much longer than just past my shoulders. 

It took well over a year for it to get to bra length, mainly because I got one too many bad cuts and swore off getting it cut for well over a year. Mine seems to be the same length, and then it is dependent on weather--humid=shorter, dry=longer.

Cyberic

I'm searching for yoga classes.

Ouch. I know two people who do yoga. They are also the two only people who bring their meals disassembled at work, and assemble it JIT to be eaten. Very very healthy stuff: seeds and salads and home made yogurt... They are both impressed by the amount of meat I eat.

bluerun

Super B****

It took well over a year for it to get to bra length, mainly because I got one too many bad cuts and swore off getting it cut for well over a year. Mine seems to be the same length, and then it is dependent on weather--humid=shorter, dry=longer.

Ha, true -- if I went a year, it might get longer, but then ends would be so damaged that I'd wish it wasn't.  (Ouidad FTW, BTW.)

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

I LOLd when I read his post.

+1. Couldn't wait to see onemile's head explode.

9 miles with 6x800 - 6:31, 6:38, 6:35, 6:43, 6:30, 6:22. Could've been a bit more consistent, but pretty happy overall.

Dave

LRB

Ouch. I know two people who do yoga. They are also the two only people who bring their meals disassembled at work, and assemble it JIT to be eaten. Very very healthy stuff: seeds and salads and home made yogurt... They are both impressed by the amount of meat I eat.

Hmm, I assemble my meals as well...

Inside of my stomach after I dump it all into my pie hole. lol

DavePNW

curly hair tends to grow out, not down.  

This is true. You wouldn't know it these days since I keep it very short, but BITD, things got very groovy. No I am not posting pics.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have a feeling DH is going to drive me crazy this coming year..... it was his idea that for our 10th anniversary we should have a real wedding since we didn't have one officially and he really wants to see me in a bridal dress. I was never really big on the whole wedding dream, blah blah blah blah blah.... just get me to the party and the alcohol 

BUT if he wants it then I am going to be the obsessive person that I am when looking to book and plan our vacations, whereas he prefers to wait last minute and then everything is chaos and we are yelling at each other. Normally I take control over plans that are as big as a vacation and whatnot but I thought he would like to have some input/say about the wedding, especially since this week we are completely off work and at home so I thought he'd have to time to look and hear about my ideas.... but I was wrong.... so I might have to do this without him... surprise surprise.

But my plan is a white/silver wedding dress, an Autumn theme for the wedding - or silver, shimmering orange and maybe a type of red. For the bridesmaid I also want shades either of red, orange or brown or both and the women can pick along with the types of dresses.

I found a lodge/party house or whatever you want to call these things, at our Burdette Park area, they have a lot of buildings for events and this is a 2 story building that can accommodate 100 people, I figure the wedding can be upstairs and the reception downstairs. It's only $210.00 for a day so I thought win win.

I figure I will tell you all this as DH doesn't want to hear it right now, I don't want fancy, crazy or hectic, just a simple, nice wedding that is modestly budgeted. I will not be hiring a planner.

Okay, I'm done 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I'm searching for yoga classes.

DOO EET! What's with all the yoga bashing around here? I did yoga up to 3x/week for several years, but it gradually got squeezed out by running too much. Which is ironic, since the more you run, the more you probably need it. I always gave it credit for keeping my back in shape, but who really knows. Mainly it was a really good workout, if you get the right class. There are a number of different styles, and a lot of variety within each - what the class is like is typically more dependent on the instructor than anything else. You might just need to try a few different ones. Some are faster moving and a good cardio workout; others have a lot of long, deep stretches. Usually a lot of core strengthening. Most importantly, two words: yoga pants. The end.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

This is true. You wouldn't know it these days since I keep it very short, but BITD, things got very groovy. No I am not posting pics.

Awww, c'mon... sharing is caring!! 

chasing the impossible

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Hal Higdon? Seriously? No. It was Hal Holbrook.

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

You went out to run MP by feel and ended up running 5K pace? 

I'll run 6ish at some point today.

I'm not worthy of your post.  It was really hard, and caused me to go eat all the chips and salsa.  Again.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

DOO EET! What's with all the yoga bashing around here? 

No bashing, I just don't want to do it. No more than I want to golf.

They could be nekked and I would still rather bash my face with a brick.

MTA: I just don't have the attention span for that.

onemile

+1. Couldn't wait to see onemile's head explode.