Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 34 times)

GinnyinPA

Eric - I hope you get answers soon. It is hard to have that kind of uncertainty during the holidays.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What happened to your shop? Did I miss something?

We are downsizing and making changes,  sick of killing ourselves for little to nothing, so gonna try it in reverse I guess. Or at least get rid of our HUGE overhead.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So I'm sending the Ghost 12s back today, in exchange for another pair of Guide 13s. Hopefully I'll know within the next week or two if these shoes are the ones for me.

I am not doing a race on Thanksgiving Day, as I am fixing up two sides for my family's lunch/dinner and DH is extremely busy fixing up the downstairs of the house in preparation for moving our offices down there and then moving the machinery we're keeping into our pole barn so since I have a trail half marathon this Saturday, I don't to take up his mornings more than once.... especially since the half marathon is much more important to me than a 5k.

You might be the only person I know that takes advantage of trying shoes out and sending them back. I'm not judging you at all and think it's great that you're able to take advantage of the service, but I can just never bring myself to do it.

I'm curious, do others on here send shoes back too? Maybe I'm missing out!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

sdWhiskers

My 5k is $132 total for the 3 of us, not each. Still silly money to spend for 30 min of family fun. But it would be $150+ in San Diego.

LRB

You might be the only person I know that takes advantage of trying shoes out and sending them back. I'm not judging you at all and think it's great that you're able to take advantage of the service, but I can just never bring myself to do it.

My closet is full of shoes that didn't work for me. My answer to fix that was to stop buying shit that doesn't work for me. lol

I sold one pair on Ebay once but it came at such a loss and wasn't worth the hassle so I never did that again.

LRB

My 5k is $132 total for the 3 of us, not each. Still silly money to spend for 30 min of family fun. But it would be $150+ in San Diego.

Whatever you pay is totally fine. It's just a topic of discussion, not judgment.

Shit, I paid $105 and $148 for two half marathons this fall that I didn't even race, they were training runs. 

Cyberic

Being in Canada, where it is just not a thing to do so, I'm still shaking my head that they allow that in the US. So no, I do not do that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Other than back in 2013-2014, I haven't done it til now, and I don't see the big deal in it. Hell I put 15 miles on the Ghosts, I made sure they were spotless so I don't see why not. If i couldn't send a pair back because they didn't work for me, I'd probably never have become a runner

I mean seriously, it's not like I ran in them more than two times and put more than 15 miles if that on a pair before realizing they aren't  for me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

Other than back in 2013-2014, I haven't done it til now, and I don't see the big deal in it. Hell I put 15 miles on the Ghosts, I made sure they were spotless so I don't see why not. If i couldn't send a pair back because they didn't work for me, I'd probably never have become a runner

I mean seriously, it's not like I ran in them more than two times and put more than 15 miles if that on a pair before realizing they aren't  for me.

Not saying you shouldn't. If it is allowed, it is allowed.

My point is that would YOU buy second hand shoes? I wouldn't. I want the shoes I buy to be brand new. So either they are stuck with the shoes you send back, or some people pay premium price for second hand shoes.

From the Internet.

My point is that would YOU buy second hand shoes? I wouldn't. I want the shoes I buy to be brand new. So either they are stuck with the shoes you send back, or some people pay premium price for second hand shoes.

Or they get sold as open-box/discounted shoes if they're visibly worn. Company still makes a profit, just not as huge of a profit.

I've returned shoes after running in them before (when the policy stated it was allowed). I'll try on indoors first before deciding to take them for a run at all - some shoes just go right back immediately, no different than if I'd tried them on in a store and decided not to buy. And the last time I bought from a local running store in person, I took 2-3 pairs outside and ran up and down the sidewalk before deciding on a pair at the insistence of the salesperson.

Ran 8.3ish miles today - thought about doing a workout but nothing really made sense with track on Wed and a race coming up on Sun. Also thought for a moment about doing some strides, but my legs said no so I'll do 'em tomorrow.

LRB

I thought they were returned to the manufacturer. I returned some insoles that were cut to fit my shoes and there's no way they could sell those.

DavePNW

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't ask runningwarehouse.com if I'm buying used shoes, I don't even think about it, I assume in good faith that others who try a pair of shoes don't waste time or mileage in them and immediately send them back as well, and I don't consider those secondhand. To me, a secondhand shoe is a pair someone has ran miles and miles, days and days in, or even months before sending back. That's the only time I try to assume any good faith in others..... or at least that is the only one I can think of, or maybe it's giving other the benefit of a doubt...

If the shoes work for me, then they work. In the 9 years I've been a customer at RW, I've never had any issues with their items or customer service....

But in all honesty, of my now only LRS always had shoes in stock, in any of the available colors, I'd probably buy from them when it comes to shoes but sadly they don't always, and so far haven't so I make sure to buy a pair from there which of course can be returned if they don't work out either.

The Saucony Guide 13s I did buy from Saucony.com though.

PRs

Who is signing up for 2020 in 2020?

I hope I don’t gain that much weight over the holidays, but maybe.

small treadmill warmup, yesterday’s 3 elevated with lots of gutter was max effort for my right hams and still feeling today...but necessary medicine.

onemile

I ran 8. And then I had 8 minutes to shower, change and get back to my desk