Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 34 times)

KCRuns

There is a decent chance my race will be over before the Sunday dailies are even started.

So, if I understand this correctly, you'll start the dailies and the first post will include your speedy results??

Half Crazy K 2.0

With shoes, I have found that most of the time, shoes that haven't worked out well for running seem to be ok for walking around. I have a lot of walking around shoes now. I also have shoes that I'm not a huge fan of outside, but they seem really comfortable on the treadmill.

DavePNW

I have not seen anything about registration being open yet. 

Opens 12/1. I will be a bit busy that day, so I may not be the first person to sign up like I was for this year’s game.

Dave

DavePNW

There is a decent chance my race will be over before the Sunday dailies are even started.

You wish! There are people here who will set their alarm clock to track you.

Dave

DavePNW

Given how much traffic we encountered last summer, I can't imagine your traffic situation. Parking is always stressful, anyways, though. At least for me.

Pretty much for any race, the only things I get stressed out about on race morning are parking and the bathroom situation. The running takes care of itself.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Pretty much for any race, the only things I get stressed out about on race morning are parking and the bathroom situation. The running takes care of itself.

Uber?

RunningOnSand

Uber?

I was wondering about this, too.

RunningOnSand

bathroom situation. 

OMG. This. This is always a possible stressor.

RunningOnSand

I think I've returned a few pairs of shoes. Although I'll say that the only pair I've returned (after running on them outside--usually I try them on the TM) was the new Hoka Carbon X's that got holes in the bottom of them after running Tunnel Marathon. But those were a defect, so back to the factory they went. If it is allowed, though, I'd do it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thankfully I know by the 2nd or 3rd run... though back in 2013 I tried a few pairs without recommendation, probably wore them a few months wondering why I was feeling so tight in my shins.... one of those were the Ghosts. LRS got me back on the Ravennas.

Now I'm quick to listen to my shins, if they're having issues while running in a new pair of shoes, then I know immediately that it is the shoes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Uber?

Possible. But then I’d have to run with my phone, which I’d prefer not to do. Not leaving it in a drop bag. I will probably just pick a spot & backup spot in advance, get there early, and cross my fingers.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I would love to play.

LRB

I love my team--it's very supportive. I'm not sure I'll sign up next year, though, just b/c I'm not sure how much I want to run. I'm still not feeling the love.

I ran 5 today, and my right Achilles has been bugging me since last week is really starting to complain today. Not during my runs, but just after. It feels achey--not sharp at all. I'm trying to decide whether to run through it or take a day off and start running every other day. IDK.

As runners, we have a tendency of treating the area of discomfort which is not always the source of the problem. If it were me (and it has been), I would roll my hamstring, calf and possibly lower back. Nothing ridiculous, just a couple times a week for a few seconds here and there.

RunningOnSand

As runners, we have a tendency of treating the area of discomfort which is not always the source of the problem. If it were me (and it has been), I would roll my hamstring, calf and possibly lower back. Nothing ridiculous, just a couple times a week for a few seconds here and there.

Good point; you're probably right about this. Thanks for the reminder, I had totally not even thought of this, for this ailment. Will do.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There a thread in the General Running Forum for the 2020 in 2020 game.

Yeah, but registration is still not open until December.

Ran 6 with hubby.  I was so slow that he was taunting me by being way ahead of me even with his run/walking.  And he took us through the giant uphill in Olio Road and then through grass.  If I could've passed him I would've hit him in the head, doh.

Damaris