Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: You all are out running, right? (Read 31 times)

Runshortii

The 10k is a great opportunity to build stamina. Just look at it as the first unofficial workout for Wisconsin. There, that's better.

It’s on part of the course too!

LRB

Indoor track in the morning.

Last year was the year I finally embraced the treadmill and got to it like it was business. Having said that, I would really love to find an indoor track that's convenient for me. That would be awesome. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to rutabagas.

From the Internet.

Last year was the year I finally embraced the treadmill and got to it like it was business. Having said that, I would really love to find an indoor track that's convenient for me. That would be awesome. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to rutabagas.

I forgot how great it was! It's been a few years. I'm only going on club workout days right now - we rent the facility at set times - but I'm thinking about suspending my local YMCA membership for the winter and switching over to the university fitness pass instead just to have the indoor track option more often.

DavePNW

I could never find anything remotely convenient when I lived out there. Not for lack of trying.

Dave

Cyberic

Most of my other mid-40s weeks this fall have involved a double on Wednesday (AM shakeout before PM track workout) or 7 days of running. Just happy to be hitting solid mileage with room to grow again! Should be easy to bump up over 50 within the next few weeks and hang out in the mid-50s before marathon training starts in a couple months.

Got it!

onemile

It was sunny out here and ran 6. 52 miles this week.

I prefer the 10k to the 5k. I briefly thought about doing one of those on Thanksgiving but my faster running this week reminded me that I ran a marathon 2 weeks ago.

onemile

5k in 20:42.

20 sec faster than my race 4 weeks ago. That's about as fast as I can run right now. I'll take it.

MTA: 2/53 AG. But no awards or nuthin'. A bunch of BS.

Not bad!

Cyberic

It was sunny out here and ran 6. 52 miles this week.

I prefer the 10k to the 5k. I briefly thought about doing one of those on Thanksgiving but my faster running this week reminded me that I ran a marathon 2 weeks ago.

LOL!

I did not run my 5K correctly this fall, I definitely did not push hard enough. Can't be a slow starter. In "fast" races, I think I prefer 10Ks better.

DavePNW

lol you really hate 5k's.

Dave

Hip Redux

Yeah, Oski to the rescue! So it was 33 years to the date, not day. Thank you! No one else would even bother with that.

Well I just googled it.  :P   I couldn't have you think your memory was going!

DavePNW

As long as you didn't do a Google Image search. 

Dave

onemile

lol you really hate 5k's.

I sort of wanted to run one a couple months ago because I thought I could pr but I didn't find one that fit my schedule and the feeling has passed

LRB

I'm usually pretty good with those things but I'm also getting older.

LRB

I could never find anything remotely convenient when I lived out there. Not for lack of trying.

No, they are not really common here...if, indoor tracks were common.

DavePNW

There's a 10k I'm looking at next month, which proudly advertises a downhill finish, but the course looks like this. Gack.

Dave