Beginners and Beyond

Warming ThursDailies (Read 20 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ran 4 with hubby at lunch. It was 73F, FFS. No pain during, started to have pain after. Went to vote after work before PT and voted the Klan Karenhood bitches out (hope this time they are gone) and PT killed my legs.

School board?

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, oh wow, I never thought about that with mice. We get them at work periodically. One year before Christmasas break, we had the "hallway of death". The exterminators placed traps basically every 2 feet all the way down the hall.Rumor was very few mice were caught. Since we do not have any research departments (or the lab based ones) in our building, I have suggested a working cat, but too many allergy issues.

So 3 mice have been caught...so far! Traps are everywhere. I really wish the solution was Cats though.

And today I learned that mice average 6-8 babies/litter (up to 14), and breed 5-10x per year. One of many reasons they are attractive to use for research but less awesome when trying to get rid of them.

sdWhiskers

Oh important news from yesterday’s track workout. My track is considerate enough to have a brick & mortar restroom building with one for each gender, plus usually one or two portapotties. Less considerate is that they are all kept locked. Miraculously there was an open portapotty yesterday. Hallelujah.

Based on my experience, the fact that you have an unlocked track is Hallelujah! Those don't exist here. And now you also want a usable bathroom?! You're just being greedy 

Daffy, dumb question, no one gets a control this time? Everyone gets a vaccine/

the “control”/“standard” they are measuring against is the regular moderna vaccine and the regular flu vaccine.

Half the subjects get experimental mRNA-1083 COVID flu combo,

Half get standard COVID boost + standard flu shot

two test groups: 50-64, and 65 plus.

Wouldn’t end well for lots of participants if they tested against placebo only

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

School board?

Yup and now they are running for City Council. The traitor to her race was there today (Klan Karenhood leader); it took everything I had to say good afternoon and smile.  So much damage to these kids in one year. 

Damaris

DavePNW

Based on my experience, the fact that you have an unlocked track is Hallelujah! Those don't exist here. And now you also want a usable bathroom?! You're just being greedy 

IK,R? I think Baboon’s regular track has unlocked POPs, so I’m envious of that. Fortunately I’ve always been able to find unlocked tracks (except for a few months during peak COVID shutdowns), and only about a mile away—where I lived in MI, where I live now, and where I used to work here.

Dave

DavePNW

So 3 mice have been caught...so far! Traps are everywhere. I really wish the solution was Cats though.

And today I learned that mice average 6-8 babies/litter (up to 14), and breed 5-10x per year. One of many reasons they are attractive to use for research but less awesome when trying to get rid of them.

I remember reading something about how quickly you can get a mass infestation. Not only doing the math on those breeding numbers, but also the fact that they can squeeze their bodies through the narrowest of openings.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I rarely go to the track, but the county school tracks are unlocked and open to the public. The closest one has seasonal POPs, usually football season. the more popular track is currently closed because they are installing a new fake turf field. That one always has open POPs.

There are also either POPs or real bathrooms at the county rec sites. Schools with playing fields tend to also be considered a rec site, so they have a POP.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Aaside from the science issues, is everyone being told to make sure food is in sealed containers? We get all sorts of clear plastic bins, I call them mouse boxes, for this purpose. i also kept the covid habit of wiping my desk at the end of each day. When they replaced furniture, the desktops are now darker. Mouse crap will not stand out like it did on the light one.

But presumably case A is a single shot? So to keep the experiment blind, do you still get a second shot with nothing in it? And then would you get suspicious when that arm isn't sore?

You are correct, all get two shots…. One on each arm.

my ‘shooter’ did fine with my left arm, but maimed my right… right is bruised

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Holy shit 3 mice, SD?  We had a chipmunk in the basement last year but no one fell into the traps.

Damaris