Beginners and Beyond

Frustrating Fridailies (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

hey there runners. I'm supposed to run 15 today but I caught my dear cherub's cold, accompanied by a minor fever & sore throat, and am now contemplating pushing it off til tomorrow, and running Saturday's workout on Sunday. Just to give myself an extra day of rest. Because I needed something else besides #taper to stress out about, lol. 

Yeah the hay is in the barn at this point, so do whatever feels right. I probably would not rest, but I'm dumb.

Dave

Cyberic

It'll be a pacer PR!

A 5:00 PR in a marathon is quite an achievement, too!

onemile

Is this what I've become now. 

DavePNW

Well you're getting old, you know. 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

#goals

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rest/recovery is probably way more important than a workout at this point.

Also, I was going to comment on your pacing questions yesterday. (Although I've only run 2 marathons so feel free to ignore!). In my first one, I was trying to run the time that Coach and I thought I could so I was watching pace way more than I should have been and stressing about it. For my second one, there was no time goal and Coach gave me a pace that I shouldn't run faster than for the first 20 miles. So it was a subtle mental shift, but it made a huge difference for me. I know you are aiming for a time goal but like onemile said, you can only run where your fitness is.

So what happens if your coach gave you a pace but you really don’t believe in yourself?  Asking for a friend...

Damaris

onemile

Well you're getting old, you know. 

Cyberic

So what happens if your coach gave you a pace but you really don’t believe in yourself?  Asking for a friend...

Pick a pace halfway between what you think you can do and what your coach thinks you can do, and depending on how the pace feels, lean towards one or the other?

Cyberic

Ah, come on! You were happy to announce you were a pacer! I don't buy the self-pity act 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pick a pace halfay between what you think you can do and what your coach thinks you can do, and depending on how the pace feels, lean towards one or the other?

This racing shit is hard, gah. I would love to run by HR instead and not stress but that would just end up being a bit slow. Stay tuned I guess.

Damaris

onemile

Ah, come on! You were happy to announce you were a pacer! I don't buy the self-pity act 

Sure, but ya'll act like it's some accomplishment to run a 3:40 marathon for me. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sure, but ya'll act like it's some accomplishment to run a 3:40 marathon for me. 

That’s a walk in the park for you.

Damaris

Runshortii

Pacing assignments were announced for Lakefront and RP and I will be pacing the 3:40 group this year 

Nice! I'll be there.

I have 4 to do. I have the WI HM in the morning. Won't be any type of PR attempt because between work and remodeling our house and getting ready for a stupid cookout tomorrow I've been so busy and exhausted. Which it sucks I'm not in PR shape because for once it doesn't look like it's going to be windy at all  go figure

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got my run in! Stupidly decided to run downtown, so stressful and distracting and so much construction going on  but honestly it wasn't irritating until mile 4 when I noticed some construction ahead which would force me to reroute, I forgot to hit resume and ran .1-.2 miles before realizing my watch was still paused 

Other than that, (technically) 5.2 miles this morning. First run in months where a sub 10 min/mile pace felt very easy, almost effortless.

>

>

> I can't describe how much I miss those runs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Pacing assignments were announced for Lakefront and RP and I will be pacing the 3:40 group this year 

Nice. I really gave it a whole bunch of thought but the logistics for traveling this year has been tough for me to get right.