Beginners and Beyond

Summery Sunday (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Warm and humid today. Totally suffered through my long run. 9.6 slow miles. Glad I didn't race today, at a super slow pace o was already dripping sweat 2 miles in.

Good luck Baboon!

LRB

Warm and humid today. Totally suffered through my long run. 9.6 slow miles. Glad I didn't race today, at a super slow pace o was already dripping sweat 2 miles in.

Good luck Baboon!

Indeed. Today was the Romeo2Richmond half marathon. I penciled it in as my fall goal race back when I was delusional, but my body lol'd at that thought. As it was (is?), with temps in the 70s, I would've taken a DNS.

LRB

I run with my phone sometimes when I'm traveling & want to make sure I don't get lost. I just hold it in my hand, and it's fine.

Wonderful.

I gassed up the hooptie and drove it instead. And after programming a very basic workout on the watch itself then jogging up to the track (10 X 400m), I was reminded of just how dependable that thing was...after it finally acquired a satellite that is. lolz

LRB

Anyone know what the weather is like on Boon's side of the map? I wonder if he has a chance at a true PR during the half.

No more marathons

Can't believe that Phil didn't pony up the 25 bucks to sign up for the Quarq real time tracking so we could keep up with his efforts today.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Can't believe that Phil didn't pony up the 25 bucks to sign up for the Quarq real time tracking so we could keep up with his efforts today.  Smile

Damn. I thought IM races were expensive already. You'd think tracking would be included.

From the Internet.

Hello! I'm alive, just kind of tired and frustrated and annoyed like all the time. I had enough bad workouts that my coach banned me from running hard until I had bloodwork done to check iron levels. That came back fine (ferritin is 49 which is the highest I've ever seen it!) so just chalking the recent blahs up to stress and fatigue from going back to work and hoping it clears up soon.

Raced today, it was humid and the first mile had a lot of uphill. 21:55 and happy with that given weather/course - I should be in a good spot to target sub-21 in a few weeks.

onemile

I got up early to run this morning but it was already 70 and humid at 5:30 am so I decided to wait til this evening because the dewpoint is supposed to drop throughout the day and it should be around the same temp.  I kinda regret it because I have gotten used to knocking it out in the morning and now it's still hanging over my head.

No more marathons

Raced today, it was humid and the first mile had a lot of uphill. 21:55 and happy with that given weather/course - I should be in a good spot to target sub-21 in a few weeks.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Damn. I thought IM races were expensive already. You'd think tracking would be included.

LRB

Hello! I'm alive, just kind of tired and frustrated and annoyed like all the time. I had enough bad workouts that my coach banned me from running hard until I had bloodwork done to check iron levels. That came back fine (ferritin is 49 which is the highest I've ever seen it!) so just chalking the recent blahs up to stress and fatigue from going back to work and hoping it clears up soon.

Sounds like me in 2015. I never did figure it out then ended the year with a DNF at Indy. So for me, things went from bad to worse. Hopefully you fare better.

LRB

I got up early to run this morning but it was already 70 and humid at 5:30 am so I decided to wait til this evening because the dewpoint is supposed to drop throughout the day and it should be around the same temp.  I kinda regret it because I have gotten used to knocking it out in the morning and now it's still hanging over my head.

I can relate to this.

onemile

It looks like it's going to be hot next weekend for my half.

Runshortii

I ran 12 before work. It was hot and muggy but better than when I tried to run it on Friday.

Here's a summery of my Sunday: 16 miles with last 8 slightly faster than GMP. It felt much harder than marathon effort. Probably did not help that I just had a really hard workout on Friday. Blerg.

71 for the week.

Dave