Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Sunday (Read 40 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Nice job getting out there HC, Blue, Cy.  LRB, did you run while OMFGing this morning?

8 this morning.  It's not often the East River freezes, because of the briny water from the sea, but it was cold enough this morning. When it's freeze-yo-whiskas cold, numbers don't matter anymore...

I knew there was a reason we chose to stay away from the water this morning!   (Actually, I think that had to do with the wind.  But anyway.  How did you get pictures?!  I tried but my phone froze.  Literally.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Sorry Docket.  Not all things come in line on race day.  Great job toughing it out to finish (been there)!

Cy - Don't recognize the Empire State Building in the first photo? 

Dave - That's a heavy duty looking metal.  I may have to get me one of those!

Geography is not my strong point, as you can see. I asked because it looked like a big ass city. Now I know why.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damn. I know how much you love your mountain dew and krispy kreme pre-race meal, it must've pissed you off having to toss it up. Boo.

I could barely eat them this morning. It must have been something I ate yesterday because I woke up with a premonition. I tried to eat anyway because I didn’t want to start on an empty stomach but it sure didn’t help!  And then I took a Nuun at a water station at Mile 10. That finished the stomach.

Damaris

onemile

Cy - Don't recognize the Empire State Building in the first photo? 

He's Canadian

onemile

I ran 12

Baboon

delicate flower

Docket, congrats on marathoning!  AGAIN.

The cold defeated me today.  It was 0 degrees when I started out, and I mentally broke less than a mile in.  My feet got numb, my hands hurt, my face (especially my nose) got way too cold, and breathing sucked.  I decided there is no reason to deal with this shit, so I quit at 1 mile, then went to the gym and did 7.7 warm miles on the treadmill.  I regret nothing.  Well, except that my iPod was dead so I ran sans music.  No music on the treadmill isn't so bad when you never listen to music on runs anyway.

<3

DavePNW

I could barely eat them this morning. It must have been something I ate yesterday because I woke up with a premonition. I tried to eat anyway because I didn’t want to start on an empty stomach but it sure didn’t help!  And then I took a Nuun at a water station at Mile 10. That finished the stomach.

Nuun is disgusting under any circumstances, imho.

Sorry about all that.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, sorry it was a tough race.

Onemile, I finally got my tights yesterday and wore them today. Pretty warm, I did have a pair of capris under them. I also probably should have taken the time to go to the Athleta store (about 15 minutes away) to try them on. They must run a bit big, the mediums are a little loose and long, but I'd rather have the extra length.

sdWhiskers

5.4 miles on the trails this morning. Super foggy and humid.

LRB

I ran 12

Have you contacted Garmin Support? KC Runs mentioned it yesterday but I didn't see it till this morning.

onemile

Docket, sorry it was a tough race.

Onemile, I finally got my tights yesterday and wore them today. Pretty warm, I did have a pair of capris under them. I also probably should have taken the time to go to the Athleta store (about 15 minutes away) to try them on. They must run a bit big, the mediums are a little loose and long, but I'd rather have the extra length.

They definitely run big.  I got a small tall and then a small regular and the small regular fits smaller than the small tall fyi. The tall one is slightly big on me but the small reg fits pretty good.

MTA - also they only sell regular length in the store, no talls. At least not in my area (we have 2 stores)

onemile

Have you contacted Garmin Support? KC Runs mentioned it yesterday but I didn't see it till this morning.

I will on monday. apparently they are only open M-F

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nuun is disgusting under any circumstances, imho.

Sorry about all that.

It was also the color of water so they tricked me. Fuckers. That was disgusting.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

They definitely run big.  I got a small tall and then a small regular and the small regular fits smaller than the small tall fyi. The tall one is slightly big on me but the small reg fits pretty good.

MTA - also they only sell regular length in the store, no talls. At least not in my area (we have 2 stores)

I probably could have gone with the regular length seeing how these bunch. It didn't seem like they sold the tall in my local store, it didn't show as in stock.

bluerun

Super B****

I will on monday. apparently they are only open M-F

But they updated the website today because the Mk1's estimated availability is now 1-2 weeks and this morning it was 2-3 weeks

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog