Beginners and Beyond

Is there srsly no #259 DAILIES yet?? (Read 27 times)

RunningOnSand

? c'mon peoples!

RunningOnSand

Evidently we are all sups busy.

I was in the middle of an intense dream when my alarm went off, and the alarm became part of my dream, so I inadvertently snoozed and woke up late. 3 miles of running, about 1.5 miles of walking done on this fine, warmer morning.

There were also a ton more squirrels out this morning, and my dog was a crazy, pulling psychopath which nearly resulted in us (several times) taking a tumble. At one point in the run I told her very sternly that she wasn't allowed to come with on tomorrow's run if she kept up her antics. I swear to god she understood me, b/c then she started getting her act together. Kind of. Sigh.

Whatcha got, guys?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was busy!  RD for me as I cannot breathe and my throat is sore since my run yesterday.

Damaris

LRB

Happy First Morning of The Fall With Temps Below 50 Day!

And of course, after slogging through the hottest spring and summer since I took up this ridiculous hobby, I didn't run in it. lol

LRB

There were also a ton more squirrels out this morning

I saw one the other morning that was so big I called him fat bastard. lol

On the dream/sleeping front; I've foregone sleeping to the sound of my beloved fan the past 3 weeks and to my surprise, have slept more soundly and dreamed some really weird, far out shit.

I am not sure if there's a correlation to sleeping in complete silence but it's growing on me!

delicate flower

Happy First Morning of The Fall With Temps Below 50 Day!

And of course, after slogging through the hottest spring and summer since I took up this ridiculous hobby, I didn't run in it. lol

I thought about swimming this morning, but then when I saw the temp was going to be 42 degrees at run time, I wasn't going to miss that chance.  5.1 miles done, running circles to nowhere around the track.  My legs feel a little beat up but not too bad, although it hurts like hell when I take the massage gun to my thighs.

<3

RD for me as I cannot breathe

Same! 
                Another AQI>200 day here, so nothing for me. They keep saying it will improve, but in fact it keeps inching in the wrong direction. 
                Actually no breathing issues, of course I’m staying inside. Where the air quality is slightly better. I’ve sort of had one long continuous headache though.

Dave

sdWhiskers

7 miles. A few miles in, I realized I had a weird taste in my mouth and my throat was getting a little scratchy. Came back and saw AQI was 158 . It had been 100-120 in the mornings but if I had checked today, I probably wouldn't have ran (run?). Oops

Cat woke us up at 3am clawing like a mad man at the glass sliding door. Just Mr Opossum sitting on the other side with it's nose pressed against the glass. Cat was ready to KILL. MrW turned the outside light on and banged on the glass but the stupid opossum wouldn't go away. Sigh.

Half Crazy K 2.0

There were also a ton more squirrels out this morning, and my dog was a crazy, pulling psychopath which nearly resulted in us (several times) taking a tumble. At one point in the run I told her very sternly that she wasn't allowed to come with on tomorrow's run if she kept up her antics. I swear to god she understood me, b/c then she started getting her act together. Kind of. Sigh.

The squirrels are really active by me. When I was leaving for my run yesterday, one was haging on a neighbor's sunflower plants. The flowers are basically bending the plant in half, so it really couldn't hold a squirrel too. Wasn't expecting a squirrel to jump in front of me.

Then I about ran into a pitbull sniffing around a mailbox (lots of plants & dark dog). Luckliy he was a super docile one and didn't seem to care that I was within inches of him.

LRB

I thought about swimming this morning, but then when I saw the temp was going to be 42 degrees at run time, I wasn't going to miss that chance.  5.1 miles done, running circles to nowhere around the track.  

But did you overdress, underdress or dress properly? 🤔

bluerun

Super B****

Evidently we are all sups busy.

Yes. I was busy walking almost 4.5 miles to get a pineapple (don't ask). But it was chilly, so I got to wear THE jacket.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I thought about swimming this morning, but then when I saw the temp was going to be 42 degrees at run time, I wasn't going to miss that chance.  5.1 miles done, running circles to nowhere around the track.  My legs feel a little beat up but not too bad, although it hurts like hell when I take the massage gun to my thighs.

SO JEALOUS.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

But did you overdress, underdress or dress properly? 🤔

I almost dressed appropriately.  The long sleeve shirt could have been short sleeve.  Otherwise, shorts, cap, and light gloves were perfect.  I usually do ok with the warm to cold transition.  Winter to spring though, I'll end up overdressing for a few runs.

<3

7 miles. A few miles in, I realized I had a weird taste in my mouth and my throat was getting a little scratchy. Came back and saw AQI was 158 . It had been 100-120 in the mornings but if I had checked today, I probably wouldn't have ran (run?). Oops

Run—come on, past perfect subjunctive!  (Maybe...?)

Yeah I’m sort of waiting for <150.

Dave

LRB

I almost dressed appropriately.  The long sleeve shirt could have been short sleeve.  Otherwise, shorts, cap, and light gloves were perfect.  I usually do ok with the warm to cold transition.  Winter to spring though, I'll end up overdressing for a few runs.

Ah, okay, that's what it was. I couldn't remember which one precisely.

I imagine most of us would choose a LS top for that first run in 42 degrees. Burning up for the last bit would be a nice reminder not to do that the next time!