Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #55 (Read 29 times)

Cyberic

It is Monday, but it's going to be a sunny and above freezing point affair today in Montreal, which makes it very nice.

bluerun

Super B****

8.5 on the AlterG. Oddly enough, running 18 yesterday didn't make my knee stop hurting 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Another rest day.  Hmm, thinking about the ham tightening many also be the shimmy-shake from dirt on prior runs,  especially elevated pace on dirt; I used to not be able to run dirt at all.

I had done elevated pace on stream grade, aka paved park path without problems, but I just looked back and all recent times the ham has righted was preceded dirt runs.  Thursday I did elevated on park dirt, and Saturday elevated run the ham was fine until I got to the dirt.

knock on wood a longer stream grade run tomorrow.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fun Fenix fact for the day. If you don't run outside or do anything for 4+ weeks, your training status goes to "No Status".

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

9.6 with 8 at MP +15-20 seconds.  Pretty happy with it considering how tired I was Sat/Sun after the LR Sat morning plus a couple of late nights for DD's school play and outdoor chores Sat/Sun.

Had thought about postponing until Tue but weather report looks dicey for the rest of this week.  Rain/snow then lower temps. 

With the coronavirus spreading, I'm really starting to wonder if it will affect Boston...

bluerun

Super B****

The Tel Aviv Marathon, which is scheduled to take place on Friday, will continue, according to the Tel Aviv Municipality. However, only Israelis will take part in the event. The Jerusalem Marathon is also facing possible cancellation.

So... international runners are allowed to enter the country, they're just not allowed to participate in the event. I fail to see how this helps prevent the spread of anything. Too bad I never got that dual citizenship.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD for me.

Ugh, blue. I bet more races will start cutting down international participation as this shitshow continues.

Damaris

Cyberic

Oh, I ran to work in shorts today 

onemile

Oh, I ran to work in shorts today 

I ran in shorts yesterday!

sdWhiskers

Just 3 miles.

Our collaborators in China are back to work now and sending us things, which I have been wiping down with 200 proof ethanol, just to be sure.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran in shorts yesterday!

<--- Me too!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

The Tel Aviv Marathon, which is scheduled to take place on Friday, will continue, according to the Tel Aviv Municipality. However, only Israelis will take part in the event. The Jerusalem Marathon is also facing possible cancellation.

So... international runners are allowed to enter the country, they're just not allowed to participate in the event. I fail to see how this helps prevent the spread of anything. Too bad I never got that dual citizenship.

Do you plan on traveling regardless of if the marathon happens or not? (forgive me for not knowing if the marathon was your main reason for going, or just happens to be occurring while you are going there anyway)

bluerun

Super B****

Morning! RD for me.

Ugh, blue. I bet more races will start cutting down international participation as this shitshow continues.

That would make more sense if they were barring entry into the country. If they're allowing you in anyway, it's not like your germs are contained just because you're watching the race instead of running it!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Do you plan on traveling regardless of if the marathon happens or not? (forgive me for not knowing if the marathon was your main reason for going, or just happens to be occurring while you are going there anyway)

I don't really have a reason to... I'm not traveling halfway across the world just to get bagels. But IDK if I'd be able to get my money back. And it's a lot of money.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That would make more sense if they were barring entry into the country. If they're allowing you in anyway, it's not like your germs are contained just because you're watching the race instead of running it!

I agree. It does not make sense to let the athletes go anyway. But at the same time, I think a congested marathon has more chances things will spread than people just walking the streets.

Damaris