Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #55 (Read 29 times)

LRB

Stryd introduced a new dynamic recently where anything outside of a 12 week window stops contributing to your critical power, something about keeping fitness numbers "current". So it's not so much what you're doing now as it is what you've done is no longer being factored in.

Cyberic

Stryd introduced a new dynamic recently where anything outside of a 12 week window stops contributing to your critical power, something about keeping fitness numbers "current". So it's not so much what you're doing now as it is what you've done is no longer being factored in.

Yeah, and there's a decay factor in their algorithm to make recent activities (last 4 weeks for example) weigh more in the calculation than older activities (8-12 weeks for example).

RunningOnSand

Re: stryd--Okay, makes sense. I do not have the consistency that you all have, so I really appreciate your feedback. I can't wait to be healed enough to be training consistently again. I'm going to try a run in a little bit.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, and there's a decay factor in their algorithm to make recent activities (last 4 weeks for example) weigh more in the calculation than older activities (8-12 weeks for example).

That makes more sense, especially during training, no?

Damaris