Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Balance (Read 35 times)

LRB

I had a four mile run on the schedule for this evening but swapped that out for 30 minutes in the hot tub.

I have never been in a hot tub oddly enough. The one time I planned on it, there were some dudes in there, so that wasn't happening. 👎

Zelanie

How are you feeling? Will 4 be the longest you run for awhile? 

Pretty good, actually.  My left calf was a bit tight, but I also haven't rolled it.  I can't see myself going longer than 4 at least in this next week, although the Monday night group sometimes does a 5 mile route that I might go along with if that's what they run.

Zelanie

I have never been in a hot tub oddly enough. The one time I planned on it, there were some dudes in there, so that wasn't happening. 👎

One of the reasons I picked the hotel that I did was that it had a hot tub, and I thought a pre-marathon soak might be nice.  But then it was an outdoor pool and hot tub, and both were closed. ðŸ‘Ž

LRB

6 with 4 at HM pace.

I imagine that was fun? I will probably spend a little more time in that range this spring than I did this year, which was virtually none at all.

Zelanie

I imagine that was fun? I will probably spend a little more time in that range this spring than I did this year, which was virtually none at all.

Care to discuss your plans?

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 35 and feels like 20 something with the wind. Not my idea of fun.

DavePNW

I'm sure we'll hear all about it. As soon as the race is over.

Dave

Zelanie

If anybody doesn't believe that there can be a flat west coast marathon, here is Newport.

It's in early June, highs typically in the 50s and overcast.

DavePNW

If anybody doesn't believe that there can be a flat west coast marathon, here is Newport.

Same as the temps in August, amirite?

I will have to do that one sometime, but I am thinking about Eugene next spring.

Dave

Zelanie

Same as the temps in August, amirite?

I will have to do that one sometime, but I am thinking about Eugene next spring.

Probably, but I feel like August has more chance of having one freakishly hot day, but I don't remember that ever happening in June.  I'm glad they moved Eugene back to the spring.  That's another one I want to do one of these years.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm sure we'll here all about it. As soon as the race is over.

Based on earlier this week, spring half in late March or early April.

LRB

At this point, I have no idea what I'm doing next year. Ideally, a spring half marathon kicks off my racing season before training for a fall race begins. That plan in its totality didn't pan out the past two years for various reasons, but I imagine it will be something to that effect. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I see a couple of mountains in the first 5 miles... 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 8, but had to divide between outside for 4.60 miles (elevation gain was ZERO ft, now that's what flat means)  and the rest on the TM after hurricane WTF was that wind and rain came in.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I see a couple of mountains in the first 5 miles... 

Those barely qualify as hills.

Nice course.