Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES Here we go again (Read 34 times)

Morning Runners!

Yesterdays workout beat my legs up. Its been a while since they have felt this dead. 7M done 9:40avg. Not pretty.

Whats everyone got going on?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

LRB and onemile - congrats on the weekends races!

I ran 10 in rain and fog.  Visibility was as bad as yesterday, which caused me to run 3 days in a row.  My dead toe is complaining a little.  It's not bad, but I will be riding in the morning, regardless of the weather.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 4 tonight.

Apparently, both our bosses are coming in today (instead of tomorrow), so having some Sbux and trying to make my office look presentable.  I am afraid they'll be attacked by stacks of paper if I don't.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  It is RACE WEEK!  WOO HOO!  2200 yard swim done.  Short run later.

8:00 work meeting this morning and I uncharacteristically snapped at people.  Seven people in this meeting, and two of them are sick.  I said "Seriously??  I have my race in a week.  Why am I even in this meeting!?"  I am visibly aggravated.

<3

onemile

'Morning!  It is RACE WEEK!  WOO HOO!  2200 yard swim done.  Short run later.

8:00 work meeting this morning and I uncharacteristically snapped at people.  Seven people in this meeting, and two of them are sick.  I said "Seriously??  I have my race in a week.  Why am I even in this meeting!?"  I am visibly aggravated.

You should fire their asses

delicate flower

They don't report to me, although one sickling wants to apply to a position I posted last week.  This is not helping her case.

<3

Cyberic

Run commute

Please tell me Addie lets you have a rest day today.

4 miles for me.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My company switched away from sick days to just giving people X days off to use.  That creates a perverse incentive to work when sick so as to save your days off for when you're not sick (who wants to waste a day off lying on the couch sick?).  Fortunately for me, most of my meetings are with people at other sites, so I attend by phone rather than in person.  I do have to be careful about the fact that we need to pass through security doors to get to the bathroom or cafeteria, and door knobs can be a good place to pick up germs, so the sick people can still "get" me.

Planning to run 8 easy after work tonight.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

sdWhiskers

4.6 easy miles this morning. My quads were definitely sore from the elevation yesterday but by the end of the run, all felt smooth. Tomorrow's workout looks scary: 3 x 2K at 8:40, 8:35, 8:30 where 8:40 is 10k pace. Debating whether it's worth the trouble to do these on the track.

One of the good parts of working in California are the employee benefits; even our undergrad interns get paid sick time.

onemile

Please tell me Addie lets you have a rest day today.

4 miles for me.

5 miles or option for a rest day. I was thinking to do the 5 to try to help get my legs feeling better. I am pretty stiff and sore today.  Not sure which is better.

From the Internet.

I'M A PUPPY MOM! Holy crap I'm overwhelmed already lol

Yesterday I ran 15; gradually picked up the pace over the last 6 and averaged 7:56 for those miles even with my favorite cool mile-long climb thrown in there. Hell hath no fury like a woman determined to BQ-10 8 months from now!

5 miles or option for a rest day. I was thinking to do the 5 to try to help get my legs feeling better. I am pretty stiff and sore today.  Not sure which is better.

Honestly I would probably do the 5.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lauren, I can't see the picture you posted here but saw the one in FB.  OMG, so cute.  My neighbor has one of those; he howls in an adorable way.

Damaris

onemile

Honestly I would probably do the 5.

yeah it won't be fun but I think it speeds up the recovery more than resting