Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #146 (Read 29 times)

Happy Memorial Day. It seems weird to wish that on this holiday. Salute to all those who gave their lives to serve.

Anyway, not running any time real soon, but just came here to report that Mom4Running finished the week at 160 miles. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG. And a heart attack because I got my biannual email to renew my car insurance, which, of course, has gone up. I fail to understand why a car whose value has depreciated requires a higher insurance premium.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Anyway, not running any time real soon, but just came here to report that Mom4Running finished the week at 160 miles. 

and here I am struggling to run less than half of that

onemile

10 on the AlterG. And a heart attack because I got my biannual email to renew my car insurance, which, of course, has gone up. I fail to understand why a car whose value has depreciated requires a higher insurance premium.

my insurance is supposed to be sending some sort of small refund because no one is driving much right now

bluerun

Super B****

my insurance is supposed to be sending some sort of small refund because no one is driving much right now

Yeah, a few insurance companies did that. Of course, mine is not one of them, because all it knows how to do is take take take take. (You'd think the fact that I've never made a claim in my life would help. But noooo.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Same. I can’t remember the last time I got gas. Any car ride of more than a mile feels like an adventure. Honestly I should just take the insurance off my car; DW needs one to get to work but we could easily share it right now.

Dave

Incidentally it’s a good thing we weren’t planning to do a damn thing today, since it is supposed to be rainy all day.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I received one almost 2 weeks ago.  The major impact all this has had on my driving is no long trips to races.  No daily commute and I still need to drive for shopping trips.  I also drive to a local park to run for a change of scenery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.6 miles with 4 x 1 almost k at faster than 5k pace.

sdWhiskers

6 miles

Gas is back above $3  I still haven't filled up since like March 9. We had been planning to trade in MrW's car this summer but not sure if thats still the plan.

Cyberic

Ran. Hill sprints at the end. Now working.

LRB

and here I am struggling to run less than a third of that

LRB

Yeah, a few insurance companies did that. Of course, mine is not one of them, because all it knows how to do is take take take take. (You'd think the fact that I've never made a claim in my life would help. But noooo.)

+1

LRB

It's like the customers who cost the least to insure pay the most for insurance ffs.

LRB

I ran 10.

More icky and bugs stuck to my body post-run.