Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are easy to please (Read 47 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ouch Heel  

onemile

Hi Lily. Welcome back!

You Rang?

Long story short: went on a trip two weeks ago, wore brand new boots and walked all day in them, developed blisters which cut the skin deep where the Achilles are, was left with pain but continued walking nonetheless (but in ugly blue running shoes...), 

Welcome back Lily.

I desperately need a new pair of black dress/work shoes.  I'm hesitant to buy a new pair for the same reason you mention above: Achilles pain/chafing.  The break in process is a two way street.  Both the shoes and my feet are broken in.  Shame I just can't wear a pair of burned out running shoes to my fancy law firm job.

Five easy miles between work and dinner.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

StepbyStep-SH

Ouch, Lily! Take care of those feet!

But I'm waiting for Scottydawg to say something about not seeing the shoes because all he can see are great legs. Wink

RD from running. I did walk 2 miles before my morning strength training class (which was TOUGH), and have 90 minutes of martial arts tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I desperately need a new pair of black dress/work shoes.  I'm hesitant to buy a new pair for the same reason you mention above: Achilles pain/chafing.  The break in process is a two way street.  Both the shoes and my feet are broken in.  Shame I just can't wear a pair of burned out running shoes to my fancy law firm job.

I have to be mindful of support with my work shoes, something I never considered until I took up running and started having problems with my stupid IT band.

I use insoles most often to accomplish this, and there is a noticeable difference than when walking around flat footed all day.

Cyberic

Ran 6.

5 x (2 minutes Hard w/2 minutes Easy)

Workout not up yet (610 needs a ANT+ thingy) but paces were a lil' slow during the Hard parts. Did not feel like pushing more than that. I'm in maintenance mode, FFS 

bluerun

Super B****

The good news: bone density in my lumbar spine has increased by 8.5% since October 2013 and bone quality is amazing.  (It's doubly astounding when you consider that the 2013 scan showed a 20% increase, and MY BONE DENSITY IS STILL LOW.  That just tells you exactly how crappy my bones were when I first started running.)

The bad news: my foot still won't let me run and I'm too depressed to appreciate the good news.

I get to have another MRI.  Lucky, lucky, lucky me.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Good news bluerun.

LRB

The bad news: my foot still won't let me run and I'm too depressed to appreciate the good news.

That's actually understandable.

Why the MRI? Faster diagnosis than rest and waiting?

bluerun

Super B****

That's actually understandable.

Why the MRI? Faster diagnosis than rest and waiting?

Because he said it's either plantar fasciitis (huh?) or a calcaneal sfx (double huh?), and I'm not willing to just wait six weeks to see what happens since I'm already about to kill myself.  Oh, and if it's neither of those things, it might just be a "medical mystery."  Yes, that is exactly what he said.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Oh, and if it's neither of those things, it might just be a "medical mystery."  Yes, that is exactly what he said.

I got a cramp on the top of my foot once during a run. Naturally, I tried flexing my toes while running to get it out, which unbeknownst to me at the time, exacerbated it FFS.

Um yeah, a 10 day stint on the bench followed shortly thereafter.  

Cyberic

it might just be a "medical mystery."  Yes, that is exactly what he said.

Damn! Maybe you need to find a witch to solve medical misteries. Now where can you find a witch... oh wait!

MTA:  Sorry bluerun, I should not be using your condition to make a joke. It's not aimed at you.

onemile

Now where can you find a witch... oh wait!

Did someone ring?

Good luck with the MRI Blue.

LRB

Did someone ring?

You're gonna need an office manager soon, and a bigger office. Big grin

Zelanie

Sorry, Blue. Hopefully the improvement in bone density points to faster overall healing.