Beginners and Beyond

Supah SUNDAILIES (Read 41 times)

I'm caffeinated and will use the TM for a brisk walk at a 7.0 incline.

Because Thursday went so well, I'll go to the gym later for some light weight and a half hour on the TM with a few extra spurts of running.

You?

LRB

You?

I will spend my day drinking: coffee to get it started, Powerade after my without, protein before my first meal, water throughout the day and adult beverages during the big game. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I hit the roads this morning for 6.2 miles, so far 3 days in a row of running without issue so things are looking good. Then I took a very much needed step and headed to the gym for the first time in 3 years. I admit I was nervous, when I did go to the gym it was at Ivy Tech which had a small, comfy gym and I knew my way around it and my usual regimen. Now I am starting basically as a newbie so I was nervous to go to Bob's Gym which is significantly larger and more popular, but I am so freaking glad I went.

At 6:10 AM on a Sunday, it wasn't very busy at all. My 40 minute workout included (if I can remember the names):

Lat Pull Down - 4 Sets of 12 reps

Arm Extension - 4 Sets of 12 reps

Fly Delt - 4 Sets of 12 reps

Rear Delt - 4 Sets of 12 Reps

Torso Rotation - 5 Sets of 12 Reps on each side

Seated Row - 5 Sets of 12 Reps

It felt so good, I think I might have overdid it but it just felt great being back in there.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I did not run yesterday, thanks to your advice. I know it was the prudent thing to do. This morning, the bruise is still looking the same, but it's still not hurting at all. It looks like old blood because of its color. I've decided to try running a few miles. If it gets worse, I'll go to the emergency. If it doesn't, then I'll know I can return to training this week... Now, I do nothing and know nothing. It's driving me crazy.

Have a great Super Bowl day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I did not run yesterday, thanks to your advice. I know it was the prudent thing to do. This morning, the bruise is still looking the same, but it's still not hurting at all. It looks like old blood because of its color. I've decided to try running a few miles. If it gets worse, I'll go to the emergency. If it doesn't, then I'll know I can return to training this week... Now, I do nothing and know nothing. It's driving me crazy.

Have a great Super Bowl day!

Take it easy and be careful LilySmile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

Take it easy and be careful LilySmile

Thanks you, sweetie! Awesome workout you had at the gym! Keep it up!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks you, sweetie! Awesome workout you had at the gym! Keep it up!

Smile thanks

PRs

Cyberic

Did about an hour on th TM today. First time in my life. After about 30 minutes, I needed to use the bathroom so I tried to hop off, sideways, while the TM was at 8.3 MPH. Don't know how I managed it but I ended up on my back behind and on theside of the machine. Two thumbs up for the newbie!

Managed one hour. Phew. It's ok, but I prefer running and going forward. 1.5% incline...

LRB

I've decided to try running a few miles. If it gets worse, I'll go to the emergency. If it doesn't, then I'll know I can return to training this week... Now, I do nothing and know nothing. It's driving me crazy.

I can dig it. We have all been there. Good luck!

LRB

I drove 45 minutes through a blizzard, to run in a blizzard. 

Oh, and when I got to the park a turkey ran across the street in front of me while I was driving in. Yes, a turkey. WTF? 

B-Plus

I'm gonna run into a race during my 18-miler.

LRB

Speaking of race I wonder how my man DP did. 

FreeSoul87, great run and lifting.

Lily, please take care of yourself.

Cyberic99, congratulations on surviving the hamster wheel.

Rick, turkeys abound here.

I did 40:32 at 3.7mph (16:12) and a 7.0% incline. I feel better than this past Thursday, but I still coughed a lot. I'm taking a nap before going to the gym to lift and do some walking/running on a TM there.

Speaking of race I wonder how my man DP did. 

Hi. There's a blizzard going on out there.

Did not slip and fall on my ass (or knee). But it was slow, slippery going today.

Net time: 23:15

AG: 3/78

OA: 72/1518

Also had a 3 mi warmup & added 6 afterwards, for 12 miles total on the day.

Dave

LRB

Hi. There's a blizzard going on out there.

Did not slip and fall on my ass (or knee). But it was slow, slippery going today.

Net time: 23:15

AG: 3/78

OA: 72/1518

Also had a 3 mi warmup & added 6 afterwards, for 12 miles total on the day.

That's a decent turnout for such crummy conditions.

Nice job on placing in your AG and a better job of getting the miles in afterwards!

#boss