Beginners and Beyond

NFL playoffs (Read 61 times)

Hip Redux

I started multi-tasking about two scores ago.   Happy the Patriots are winning.   Not a very interesting game though lol

Hip Redux

Mercy rule?

DavePNW

Mercy rule?

At least it's a nice night for the fans to be sitting out there, right? What they do in certain youth sports leagues is just switch to a continuously running clock, to get the thing over with quicker. That would be nice, with the side benefit of avoiding the same damn commercials over & over again.

Dave

RSX

Mercy rule?

I hope they all get trophies also

Hip Redux

At least it's a nice night for the fans to be sitting out there, right? What they do in certain youth sports leagues is just switch to a continuously running clock, to get the thing over with quicker. That would be nice, with the side benefit of avoiding the same damn commercials over & over again.

Yeah, it's a beautiful night in Foxboro.

The Nationwide commercial with the kid who winds up to throw the cell phone cracks me up every time.

Good lord, another interception.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Lamest Super Bowl ever.  I don't want anyone to win.  I normally like the Seahawks because Russell Wilson went to Wisconsin and I got to see him play in person a few times, but I'm mad at him right now.

Running is dumb.

RSX

At least NE won't be playing the Giants

DavePNW

Lamest Super Bowl ever.  I don't want anyone to win.  I normally like the Seahawks because Russell Wilson went to Wisconsin and I got to see him play in person a few times, but I'm mad at him right now.

Ha. These do seem to be two pretty widely hated franchises. So maybe I should root for NE, because Brady went to Michigan? Except I went to Illinois, and despised Michigan. And Wisconsin too for that matter, but not as much. So I got nothing.

Oh and there's Oski's Nationwide commercial again.

Dave

Hip Redux

I'm amused that the Patriots are such a hated franchise, after so many years (decades?) of being mediocre.   I met Steve Grogan as a kid and got his signature.   Remember him?  Yeah, didn't think so.   lol

Hip Redux

Oh and there's Oski's Nationwide commercial again.

Ten seconds in.  lol

DavePNW

I'm amused that the Patriots are such a hated franchise, after so many years (decades?) of being mediocre.   I met Steve Grogan as a kid and got his signature.   Remember him?  Yeah, didn't think so.   lol

Yes I remember Grogan, and that the Pats were awful when I was a kid. And speaking of things a very long time ago, the Illinois QB my freshman year was Tony Eason. But all franchises have been bad at some point, the Pats have been good for too long. I don't actually hate them that much.

Dave

Hip Redux

Yes I remember Grogan, and that the Pats were awful when I was a kid. And speaking of things a very long time ago, the Illinois QB my freshman year was Tony Eason. But all franchises have been bad at some point, the Pats have been good for too long. I don't actually hate them that much.

Hey, the last time they won the superbowl was a decade ago!    Smile

RSX

Only NE player I ever met was kicker John Smith from the Grogan era. He owns an indoor soccer place. A lot of bad teams prior to the Bledsoe era

Hip Redux

Only NE player I ever met was kicker John Smith from the Grogan era. He owns an indoor soccer place. A lot of bad teams prior to the Bledsoe era

Even in the Bledsoe era lol

DavePNW

Hey, the last time they won the superbowl was a decade ago!    Smile

Looks like the SB betting line was set to open at Seattle -2.5, but by the time the NE game ended it already moved to a pick 'em.

Dave