Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins don't mean to brag, don't mean to boast (Read 22 times)

Happy Runs, Rests, and Recoveries everyone.

SRD for me. 

Definitely lots of RR reading out there, which I just love.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Today is massage day for DW and me. I will also do core work tonight but no running.  I have kind of lost my running mojo because of the injuries and stuff with my mom, so I hope to get it back at some point. I really want to run a race! Speaking of that, Friday is travel day for the Avenue of the Giants. We are flying to San Francisco and renting a car for the four hour drive north. Saturday is packet pickup day and then I can switch to the HM if I want. DW is tapering and is ready to run but she is worried about cramps and dehydrating after 20 miles. We shall see...

Have a good day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Pens.

Today is massage day for DW and me. I will also do core work tonight but no running.  I have kind of lost my running mojo because of the injuries and stuff with my mom, so I hope to get it back at some point. I really want to run a race! Speaking of that, Friday is travel day for the Avenue of the Giants. We are flying to San Francisco and renting a car for the four hour drive north. Saturday is packet pickup day and then I can switch to the HM if I want. DW is tapering and is ready to run but she is worried about cramps and dehydrating after 20 miles. We shall see...

Have a good day.

Have fun and good luck!

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Have fun and good luck!

Thanks, D. Even though I won't be able to run well, I am looking forward to a long weekend getaway. I need it!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

3.3 miles done way early this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Jack - did your wife have issues with cramps and dehydration last time she ran a marathon?  Leg cramps or stomach cramps? Or is it just that it's going to be hot this weekend?  I wish you both a great race.  It's a beautiful place to run.

I did well yesterday with refueling.  I've had issues in the past with stomach cramps when eating or drinking anything, which has gotten better as I've run more and learned to take gels a bit more slowly.  I still wasn't too sure about how I'd do for 26 miles, especially since even when I've been able to tolerate Gus without cramping or looking for a POP, they still made me a bit nauseous after the third one.  Recently I read a RW column that said that you should start taking gels early and often, so the blood flow to the stomach isn't sent elsewhere. Waiting is more likely to upset your stomach.  So I started with my first at 4 miles, as Damaris suggested to me recently, then alternated a Gu with Gatorade at each water stop.  I only had one brief moment of upset at about mile 21.  I ended up taking 4 gels and a lot of Gatorade and had no issues either during or after the race.

Scotty - you earned a rest day.  I was hoping to mow the lawn today, but no way I'm walking up and down the slope today.  I waited until after my race because I didn't want the allergic reaction I usually get to fresh-cut grass and it has rained so the lawn is very shaggy.  No laundry either, since it's downstairs.