Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

LRB

I have a ton of crap to do today but my body battery is completely dead. I need a boost.

I'll start with coffee which hopefully will be enough to get me out of the door for a run. Once I get the run in, everything else should follow. That's the plan anyway!

Cyberic

Hello Internet people,

It's a beautiful day today. Tomorrow we'll get big amounts of rain. But since DD has soccer practice, and I try to run with minimal family time impact, I will not do a LR today. I'll run 9, or maybe 10 during her practice. Tomorrow is another day.  I'll see then.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 4 this morning with hubby and lifted weights.  It was still cool (83F and 71 dewpoint), so outside was a must.

Now off to help my grandmother move.

Damaris

No more marathons

Been plugging away this week, and ran 3.4 this morning in the rain.

Looking forward to the Penn State/Ohio State game this afternoon.

We are ----

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Been plugging away this week, and ran 3.4 this morning in the rain.

Looking forward to the Penn State/Ohio State game this afternoon.

We are ----

That was quite the beat down your squad put on my beloved Wolverines. I don't even know who we play today, when we play them, and don't care. Awful. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

That was quite the beat down your squad put on my beloved Wolverines. I don't even know who we play today, when we play them, and don't care. Awful. 

Rutgers. Good school to take their frustration out on.

DavePNW

5 miles.

Dave

zzyzx

I did something amazing this morning. I laced up and actually went on a run! It had been a while.

Goal was 7 but I was hoping the weather would inspire me to do 8 or 9. Instead a thick fog rolled in and it was chilly. 7.2 @ 8:52. With how I've been feeling the last few weeks, I'll take it.

I thought last weekend was my peak workout?..OMG this one killed me lol. Well yesterday at work I was up and down a large flight of stairs like a million times. Something tweaked in my left knee (not the one that was nagging me previously)  and by the end of the day I couldn't really walk down any stairs without some serious pain. I wasn't sure if I could run today. Woke up and it felt ok so I figured I'd go for it. Went over to this local park around 8am for my 14/progression.

Started off nice an easy for the 7mi pre-fatigue and felt ok Splits: 8:45, 21, 21, 15, 18, 09, 15

2mi @ MP ( Had trouble finding pace and my watch wasn't responding to any effort changes which didn't help ) 7:04, 6:45

4mi @ HM Pace. 6:26, 31, 34, 27 (This was pretty darn tough)

1mi Down 8:19

Well that was my last 14er of the cycle. Hard one for sure. My legs are beat to hell.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

Awesome job, JayB! Sounds super intense - hope your knee is going to be okay.

Docket, you crack me up - it was cool @ 83*. I also felt it was cool here - at 30*. I am so not a Southerner. 

I hear the minions calling - so quick drive by - 6.12 ez paced run. Snow is on the ground already!!! Was a gorgeous mix with our fall colors. Now off to go tend to the little people.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey there, kids!  I had a fun morning....

CAUTION:  RR AHEAD....

• 4 mile pre-race "warm up" at GMP (7:20ish)
                        • HM in 1:34:20 (7:08 pace....Garmin got 13.22 miles so I updated my log to reflect 13.1 miles, which recalcs my pace at 7:13)
                        • 1 mile cool down
                        • Pancake, eggs, and bacon reload

Coach told me to run this race at GMP, not all out HM effort.  He actually gave me 16 at GMP, and doing a HM at that pace is a good way to cheat my way through that workout.  So, I got to the race early and did 4(ish) miles at GMP before the race.  I've never done that long a warm up, but I figured I'd get those extra miles done before the race instead of after in case I did something stupid and blew my legs up during the race,and I honestly didn't care about my race time and cared more about my workout.  I did a great job of keeping the effort dialed back though, and the race was so enjoyable not being in 13.1 mile suffer mode at all.  I was saying to hi and good morning to all the spectators (they were sparse), cops, and volunteers, just cruising along and really enjoying the scenic course.  I was running a little ahead of GMP but I was not pushing hard so I didn't worry about my pace and just focused on the effort.  I knew I was pretty far up in the 400 person field.  I was very surprised around mile 9 when a volunteer said to me "you're in 4th place," and I was like WHAT??  I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Mile 9-10 the road split with runners further back in the field heading the other direction, and I was really loving all the runners telling me I was in 4th place and cheering me on.  That was awesome, and I was smiling ear to ear.  Mile 10-11 is a huge hill and I didn't charge up it, but when a guy passed me on that hill and took over 4th place, at that point it became a race to me and I let it fly the last 2.5 miles.  I beat him by a minute.  I finished 4th overall, which is my highest finish in a HM, and I had a lot left in the tank at the end of the race, so mission accomplished on the workout.  Honestly I hurt more after my 19.5 miler last weekend.  Swag report:  I got a t-shirt for my AG win.  After waiting 90 minutes for the award ceremony.  coolstorybro?

<3

LRB

Pancake

It was all a blur after that. Sorry. 

Baboon

delicate flower

It was all a blur after that. Sorry. 

There is a typo there.  Pancakes.  Plural.  Two rather large ones and I ate them all because I am a fat ass.  They were good.

<3

LRB

4mi @ HM Pace. 6:26, 31, 34, 27 (This was pretty darn tough)

HMP is a tricky one for me. I either have it and feel as if I can run it forever, or it's a bear and I feel like there's no way I can run 13 of them shits. lol

LRB

There is a typo there.  Pancakes.  Plural.  Two rather large ones and I ate them all because I am a fat ass.  They were good.

You rode that mile 12 downhill like you were on horseback.