Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Hope the cat is OK.

Neil, humidity sucks.  So tired of it.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

Well I had a pretty good 5 miler today.  Tomorrow I am forcing myself to have a down day knowing I will attempt my first double digit run since April Surprised

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Good luck EL TEA NEIL!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Waiting for the doctor.  Most likely crystals in his urine and a blockage.  Joy.

We went to dinner and back, not waited here until now.

Damaris

Crew_Dawg

LOL, I was wondering if anyone would catch that el Tee

Damaris, didn't you go through this before with Hershey?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, didn't you go through this before with Hershey?

Yes and no.  He had two bouts of cystitis but it is common for males to have UTIs, cystitis, then blockage. It is apparently a question of time.

He is now six years old so I guess he was about time. If it continues to happen the are talking about surgery. Transgender surgery.  Apparently, it is a male issue.

Damaris

Crew_Dawg

Mornin!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yes and no.  He had two bouts of cystitis but it is common for males to have UTIs, cystitis, then blockage. It is apparently a question of time.

He is now six years old so I guess he was about time. If it continues to happen the are talking about surgery. Transgender surgery.  Apparently, it is a male issue.

Damaris - That happened to one of our male cats about 6 yrs ago when youngest was a baby. He had the surgery, recovered, was fine for a while, and the got reblocked. When the vet said the next step was a urostomy bag or put down, we opted to put him down. We loved him, and he was an old kitty, and we weren't going to mess with a kitty pee bag with a baby and a young preschooler in the house!

Really hope Hershey isn't blocked.  Although sometimes they can put in a Foley catheter for 24 hours or so and the block will resolve without surgery. It's like angioplasty for kitty plumbing.

In other news, school pictures this morning. I'm afraid exorcist mommy had to make an appearance before youngest was picture presentable. Acupuncture in a bit.

Relentless forward progress

We had to do that with a male cat about 10 years ago.  He blocked once, we paid buchoo bucks to get him healthy, and he blocked again.  And we had to put him down.  It was hard, because it was my daughter's cat, and had to put him down the day before first spinal surgery.  It was like a double whammy for us.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning. . . . need more coffee

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They are putting the catheter to empty it, as it is not that bad. Now you guys are scaring me.

Damaris

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Got the house opened up right now since its friggin beautiful outside.

Crew_Dawg

Mid 70s, humid, and the sound of auto50 cals in the air.  Life ain't too bad here

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Didn't mean to scare you, D!  Glad that Hershey's block isn't that bad. Tubby's was really bad. He couldn't pee at ALL!

Relentless forward progress