Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #266 (Read 23 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Beautiful fall morning here. It was 41 degrees when I left the house. I may have been a little overdressed, but it was so nice to come back from a run not dripping with sweat. 4.7 miles with hill sprints/strides. I got through my first one and someone drive up and started to use the parking lot to play catch with their dog. There are 2 soccer fields, a baseball field and plenty of other green space for catch that are safer for the dog. I wound up doing the rest on the road into the school, so they became 20 second or so hill sprints.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 44F when I left in shorts and a tech shirt and I was overdressed, ha. 5 miles, 4 solo, one with hubby.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 44F when I left in shorts and a tech shirt and I was overdressed, ha. 5 miles, 4 solo, one with hubby.

I had on a light weight LS and tights that are between 7/8 and capri length.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had on a light weight LS and tights that are between 7/8 and capri length.

Sheesh. It was sunny when I ran, though, but normally I only wear a LS in the low 40s when it's mid Winter and there is no sun and more wind. Yesterday it was 41F and windy and the short sleeve was fine.

But this is why I can't even deal with a run in the 70s and sunny. I get too hot. I'm a furnace.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Still not feeling those beautiful mid 40s temps that you guys are enjoying... but the low 60's is till better than the 70s and up.

I woke up this morning feeling rather sore from yesterday's massage.... but it didn't bother me during my run.

Jetta and I ran 5 miles on the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

RD

Still having highs in the low 80s here. Won't be sweater weather until Jan.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In a surprising early move for Disney, Disney canceled Marathon Weekend (January) and Princess HM Weekend (February).

MTA: they made them both virtual and thanks for spending $500 to run a virtual set of races, yay. Although they said people are getting deferrals, my friend said he got no deferrals were offered (maybe those deferred were charity runners?). Just virtual or refund. Dopey is like $600.

Now who was stupid to register post-Covid for this? Many.

Damaris

Made Soft Toffee... went to run but I wasn’t  feeling good and got a funky foot pain so I went home and did Soft Toffee experiment and rested in the couch for the day

Half Crazy K 2.0

Daffy, that looks really good.

onemile

Made Soft Toffee... went to run but I wasn’t  feeling good and got a funky foot pain so I went home and did Soft Toffee experiment and rested in the couch for the day

that looks a lot like the homemade caramels I made around Christmas

that looks a lot like the homemade caramels I made around Christmas

Last night my wife mentioned the word ‘toffee’ and I had to experiment

1 1/3 cup sugar

2/3 a cup Light brown sugar

9 ounces of heavy whipping cream

1 1/4 stick butter,

heat to 260 degrees, add 1 teaspoon vanilla, pour into parchment lined pan.

I only made a slight ingredient adjustment from this recipe

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chewy-toffees/amp

LRB

Made Soft Toffee... 

I lack the discipline to have a slab of deliciousness like that in my house right now. I'd completely destroy that beeyotch whilst lying on my back in bed with the lights off.

KCRuns

Made Soft Toffee

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I took a rest day today.

DavePNW

Moved hotels, I’m now in a town about an hour north of Austin. Ended up getting there around 7:30, I hadn’t eaten yet, the place was basically right on the highway and no obvious place to run. Plus it was raining. So figured on another evening treadmill run. Asked about the fitness center, they said only two people allowed in at a time, but don’t worry because no one ever uses it. OK. Well the one treadmill was out of order. So I did a half hour on the fucking elliptical. I can’t remember the last time I used one, but I forgot about the numb toes. I’m in this place for two more nights, so I better figure out something.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Moved hotels, I’m now in a town about an hour north of Austin. Ended up getting there around 7:30, I hadn’t eaten yet, the place was basically right on the highway and no obvious place to run. Plus it was raining. So figured on another evening treadmill run. Asked about the fitness center, they said only two people allowed in at a time, but don’t worry because no one ever uses it. OK. Well the one treadmill was out of order. So I did a half hour on the fucking elliptical. I can’t remember the last time I used one, but I forgot about the numb toes. I’m in this place for two more nights, so I better figure out something.

Maybe check gyms nearby for a free pass?

Damaris