Beginners and Beyond

Where Are the TUESDAILIES? (Read 39 times)

LRB

I do have some flowers to plant this afternoon, though. The poor things will probably freeze to death...

Not in 45 degrees. 

Hoss made me lol. You are funny!

onemile

Nice workout Dave. You are going to be faster than me pretty soon. If you aren't already. 

Lauren - sorry to hear about your kitty.  I'm already starting to think about how hard it will be when I have to deal with that with my oldest dog. She just turned 10.

DavePNW

Nice workout Dave. You are going to be faster than me pretty soon. If you aren't already. 

Thanks. I still dream about your HM/FM times, I have a loooong way to go.

You have any plans for any 5k/10k's?

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I can't stop crying. I think my face is going to be red forever from all the salt. Heading out to run in a minute.

(((Lauren))).   I feel for you, Gail and I are dealing with some issues with our 15 year old cat right now.  We don't know how much longer we are going to have her.  I wish you peace and comfort in this trying time

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

You have any plans for any 5k/10k's?

There is one in a couple weeks my work offered to pay for I was thinking about doing (on a Wednesday evening) but I think I am too out of shape to be racing.  So probably not until my favorite 5k in August that I have run every year since 2010.

DavePNW

There is one in a couple weeks my work offered to pay for I was thinking about doing (on a Wednesday evening) but I think I am too out of shape to be racing.  So probably not until my favorite 5k in August that I have run every year since 2010.

And do you have a goal yet?

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

5 easy

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Baboon

delicate flower

You've still barely scratched the surface with hard effort runs.  You'll start knocking big chunks off your times if you keep doing those.  You shouldn't have too much of a problem hitting that sub-21:00 goal in your upcoming 5K.

<3

onemile

And do you have a goal yet?

It's kind of early for that. But I would be happy if I could run under 21 minutes.  I've tried and failed that a few times.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hit the gym this morning for an hour or so, it was Back day Smile

Last night was Dorian's 2nd night without his jellybean and he didn't fuss falling asleep and didn't even wake once through the night  so this morning we searched the house for any possible passy stash and threw them all away!!! This seems to be going quite easier than I thought it would, thank the Gods.

I am still contemplating on whether I want to run 2 miles with Jumpstart tonight, or take today off as well and go for an easy 4-5 miler tomorrow morning before the gym with Rocky..... I've got until 5:15 to make my decision damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue, which style of yoga so you practice? I hope that the mountain o'laundry has been conquered.

(((Lauren))) I hope that you have a pleasant, healing run. I'm finding running therapeutic, too.

Shari, fantastic five.

Damaris, enjoy Pilates and whatever else you do.

Lily, I hope that your upper-body work and planting go well.

Cyberic99, I hope that you had a wonderful run.

DaveP MI, terrific ten with intervals.

cjones1, eight hours of sleep? NiceSmile

kristin10185, brava on the five-miler.

FreeSoul87, I hope that your back workout went well.

I was feeling very tired by the end of my workday, so, I went back to the gym, where I did thirty minutes on one of the elliptical machines. It was enough of a pick-me-up that I feel refreshed and able to return home, make and eat dinner, and cut fabric to line a skirt, the body of which I finished last week.

Working out and sewing are helping me heal.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 in a light rain. At least it was nothing like last nights storms. It sounded like the sky light was going to fall.

Friday I went on a domestic tear (for me at least) and bought new sheets & a summer blanket. Did all the laundry to switch the winter bedding to lighter weight stuff, since DH and I complain all summer about how hot the comforter is. It's not even 60 degrees today. So now I'm going to have to drag out the comforter (again) because it's cool in the house and probably will be all week.

Lauren, hope your vet can give you you some guidance on what to watch for and that you have some more time with you cat. Not sure about cat eating habits, can you spoil her--get her some fresh fish or something? In my dog's last few days, she probably got about 4 pounds of steak (on top of getting human food cooked for her for about the last year of her life).

Basya, glad that the working out and sewing are helping you.

GinnyinPA

Cool rainy day but it was dry when I ran late this afternoon.  Six hilly miles were a lot more fun than the TM miles I expected to do.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did only Pilates and convinced my husband drinking was better than running today.  Yay me.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Thanks guys. Run was therapeutic, I cried a bunch. 9 miles, most of it just a hair faster than MP. Not on purpose, just wanted to get back home ASAP. Still no word from the vet, lab work should be back tomorrow. Scrambles is having her usual post-dinner snooze under the dining room table and her breathing looks a whole lot better than it did yesterday.

Lauren, hope your vet can give you you some guidance on what to watch for and that you have some more time with you cat. Not sure about cat eating habits, can you spoil her--get her some fresh fish or something? In my dog's last few days, she probably got about 4 pounds of steak (on top of getting human food cooked for her for about the last year of her life).

I am spoiling her for sure. Bought her a bunch of canned food, made tuna salad for lunch and gave her the drained water and a piece of the tuna, cooked salmon for dinner for the humans but saved a little bit to give her as a treat. Making videos of all her little meows and chirps so I can have her voice with me after she's gone.