Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Good luck with the dream book, LRB.  Umm..and you are carying $100 bills because.... ?

I don't use plastic as a form of everyday payment, I use paper. $100 will usually last me four or five days depending on which day of the week I start with one. Then when it's gone, I pull out another one and repeat it. It's stupid but I'm old school.

LRB

Yeah, they are a PITA to calculate but Strava really makes it easy.

Their elevation charts automatically calculate the grade as you move along the line, and the Grade Adjusted Pace (GAP) is automatically calculated for every split.

For instance - my 4th repeat actual pace was 9:53 minutes per mile, but the calculated GAP was 6:55.

At least that makes me feel less like a slug.

Okay that's actually a reason for me to check out my runs on Strava!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I found my money. I had put it in one of the 179 zippered pockets on my jacket so it wouldn't fall out and completely forgot about it. That's one of those things about early morning runs, there is shit I do or think about beforehand that leaves my mind when I'm done like it was never there.

With that many pockets, I have to ask what you were wearing, sheesh.

And of course, the puddle has to happen when you are wearing new shoes.

Damaris

Cyberic

Dang, Cyberic, sounds like you need a get-away down here to sunny San Antonio so you can sit on the Riverwalk for a while, drink margaritas and watch all the people go by, get out of that weather.

Smile

Yeah, well it wasn't so bad at lunch after some heavy, sticky snow had fallen. And I don't like margaritas (I got sick from drinking waaaaay too much tequila once). Still, your suggestion is somewhat appealing.

onemile

I ran 9 with 3x (4×400). 90 sec between reps, 3:00 between sets

Zelanie

The hotel chain I stayed at in Sac has agreed to give me my stay "credits" for my night in Sac. That's what I was trying to figure out last night. There's a nice hotel near my daughter's school so we try to use that chain when we can to get free nights. But apparently if the hotel sucks so badly that they tear it down, they don't give you credit for the stay unless you call and bitch ask nicely.

I wonder if some sort of liquidation company was already running it when I stayed there?

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill.

Still Bluesky, that's a really cool feature on Strava. I had no idea it existed. And now I feel a whole lot better about last week's hill workout. The paces seemed laughably slow, but it has the adjusted pace faster than 5k pace.

Zelanie, how bad was the hotel that it was torn down? I'm picturing wires hanging down, torn carpet and stains everywhere.

DavePNW

Okay that's actually a reason for me to check out my runs on Strava!

As if the potential for kudos was not already enough.

Dave

From the Internet.

I nearly caught the hypothermia running in nonsense this morning. Planned 12 mile MLR, decided I'd run a 10 mile workout instead, got outside and realized no way was I going to hit workout paces in the downpour and crazy wind, and it would be stupid to stay out long enough to get in a workout and cool down. Did a 3.5 mile negative split out-and-back stretch, plus another mile for 8 total. Recovery double tomorrow in slightly more hospitable weather, MLR with some surges dropped in on Thursday to make up for the lack of workout.

I signed up for a Lululemon Strava challenge a few weeks ago thinking it was just a normal "hey get this badge!!1" thing, and hot damn, they gave out free stuff if you completed it! Big grin Black short sleeve Run:Swiftly top and black Speed shorts, picked 'em up on my way home today. No choice on the colors, but no complaints from me when it's FREE!

Cyberic

I ran 9 with 3x (4×400). 90 sec between reps, 3:00 between sets

Nice!

onemile

I signed up for a Lululemon Strava challenge a few weeks ago thinking it was just a normal "hey get this badge!!1" thing, and hot damn, they gave out free stuff if you completed it! Big grin Black short sleeve Run:Swiftly top and black Speed shorts, picked 'em up on my way home today. No choice on the colors, but no complaints from me when it's FREE!

Well, shit. I actually saw that and thought, who wants a stupid badge and did not sign up. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I nearly caught the hypothermia running in nonsense this morning. Planned 12 mile MLR, decided I'd run a 10 mile workout instead, got outside and realized no way was I going to hit workout paces in the downpour and crazy wind, and it would be stupid to stay out long enough to get in a workout and cool down. Did a 3.5 mile negative split out-and-back stretch, plus another mile for 8 total. Recovery double tomorrow in slightly more hospitable weather, MLR with some surges dropped in on Thursday to make up for the lack of workout.

Damn it, and me injured and all!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates class and 3 (shortened the run intervals so my knee wouldn't flare up as bad).  Slower than yesterday but it was done.

Damaris

Cyberic

I used to pay cash all the time until about two years ago, because I get 1 or 2% credit back on my purchases. Not so much, but it's often about $15 in a month I don't get when I pay cash.

Zelanie

Zelanie, how bad was the hotel that it was torn down? I'm picturing wires hanging down, torn carpet and stains everywhere.

It wasn't really that bad.  It was sort of sad in that it was clear that it used to be a really nice place.   It was all sprawling and California-style with a big lake in the middle, a giant conference space, and I think an ampitheater.  But in my first room, the heat didn't work at all.  I didn't realize it until I got back from the expo and just wanted to veg.  I tried to call the desk, but neither of the 2(!) phones in the room worked (somehow I didn't think to use my cell).  Plus I think one of the lights wasn't working.  So I kept having to walk back and forth to the desk, then back to the room to meet the maintenance guy (who pressed a button on the thermostat, then told me to wait 20 minutes), then back to the desk, etc.

They did finally move my room to one that had heat, and the guy wanted to make sure the TV worked before he left.  Maybe many of the TVs weren't working either?  Now I'm thinking that since they knew it was going to close, as stuff broke they probably just stopped using that room, one room at a time.  Kinda sad really because it was a pretty spot.

I ran 8.  It was 44 degrees and not even raining.