Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 44 times)

Sarah, I'm thrilled that you're running. Enjoy your SRD.

Burrrrn, awesome hilly eight.

Shari, terrific ten.

kristin10185, I'm glad that you enjoyed the workout.

Marjorie, brava on the 10.5.

Nicole, sweet 6.15.

LRB

I don't have a desk clock.  That's what the computer is for.

Mine has the temp on it among other things, and it looks cool...when it has the correct time that is.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That might come in handy, since the bitch next door keeps changing my thermostat.  The other day, my office was at 85F.  Fuck.

Mine has the temp on it among other things, and it looks cool...when it has the correct time that is.

Damaris

LRB

That might come in handy, since the bitch next door keeps changing my thermostat.  The other day, my office was at 85F.  Fuck.

Now that does not make any sense in a state like um, FLORIDA!

The heating & cooling system in this building is erratic.  In fact, my headlights are on high beam right now it's so damn cold in here!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's only my office that gets that hot.  That thermostat is mine alone but that lady does not understand that!  Teh rest of the office is chilly and I'm fucked.

Damaris

DavePNW

The heating & cooling system in this building is erratic.  In fact, my headlights are on high beam right now it's so damn cold in here!

TMI, dude!

BTW - DW has a friend who runs marathons & apparently talked her husband into doing the next one with her. She is posting on Facebook about how proud she is that he is a real runner now that he got his first case of bloody nipples. My wife could not believe she posted that; apparently others commented on the post with "TMI" and similar "I didn't need to know that" type comments. Not taking the hint, she followed up with posting a photo. My wife told me about it in complete disbelief; I could only say that she should know well enough to keep that kind of thing to the running forums. No word yet whether she has posted any poop stories.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BTW, here is the link to my Aug 10 5K.  Fun one, had costumes, beer salt, beer, breakfast tacos, and ice cream.  Link and report:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2111d0eb922841f6a6af4ccf504bff8c/resume#focus

Good luck with the massage, LRB.

Sorry about the headache, Damaris. Maybe you need a massage too to help you relax.    And take Oski with you, sounds like she needs it also.

Happy vacation, Phil.  Did you catch your own fish for dinner when you went sailing?

Congrats on your workout, Basya.  Workout mat?  You can't just lie down on the gym floor?  I do that quite a bit at my gyms.

Congrats on your miles, FreeSoul and Vance.   What will you do now, FreeSoul, with all that extra space in your room?  Yeah, Vance, I learned early after moving to Texas, the only way to deal with the races here is practice run in 'actual' conditions.  TM won't do that..unless maybe you run outside on the TM.

Nice photos, Kristin!  Why does everyone else around you in that one photo look so grumpy?  They're probably on their way to work, and jealous that you can be out there enjoying yourself.

Enjoy the new shoes, Sarah!

Congrats on your hill work, Andrew.  No hill routes outside in your area?  Sad. Come visit San Antonio. I'll take you to a route where you can do 8 miles of hills and not see the same hill twice along the way.

Congrats on your highest mileage week, Step, and the long run!

I'm the exact opposite, lol, SIAR.  My legs and pace 'perk down" the longer I go.  Congrats on your miles.

Way to get another good run in, Marjorie!

+1 on miles over meetings, Hobbit!  Soup or no soup.

My boss has no balls either, LRB.  Of course that's normal for her....Big grin

Actually, Damaris, 85 is about where Gail and I keep our home thermostat, lol.  We both like it really warm.  I freeze in my darn office, they turn the AC down to - GASP - 75!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I don't have a desk clock.  That's what the computer is for.

I don't have a desk clock either...I just call Gail at her work office and ask her what time it is.   Big grin  Her response is usually "Get back to work you idiot!"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Congrats on your hill work, Andrew.  No hill routes outside in your area?  Sad. Come visit San Antonio. I'll take you to a route where you can do 8 miles of hills and not see the same hill twice along the way.

May take you up on that some day Scotty. I guess it depends on if the wife ever wants to visit TX. I've been there a couple of times, so I wouldn't visit just to check another state off my list. Somehow with snakes and bugs a bit thicker down there I would guess that she won't ever say that she'd want to go. Just a hunch.

- Andrew

Zelanie

Hello, dailies!  We had a really nice time camping this past weekend.  DH stayed home with Mia, but she was feeling better by Saturday afternoon, so he came out and joined us.  When we left, there were all kinds of emergency alerts about severe thunderstorms in the area (with 60 MPH winds, and quarter-sized hail), but since FIL and BIL were out there already, we figured we'd better go!  If it was too bad, we figured that we could rescue them and drive home.  Luckily the worst of the storm missed the campground, and everybody was fine except for some heavy rain.  The rest of the weekend was pretty nice.  I didn't get any running in, but did some nice hikes.

This morning I woke up feeling like I didn't even know how to run.  Is that how people quit?  Do they just lose their nerve and forget that they know how to run?  Luckily I made myself go out anyway and had a really nice 8.5 miler.  So my LR is creeping back up in distance!  Next week I think I'll go for 10.

Basya- Sounds like you hit the fabric jackpot!

D- Hope your afternoon is better than your morning was.

Scotty- DH has a bunch of vinyl records because he used to DJ quite a bit.  He was pretty adamant that "real DJs use vinyl", but I think he is now using some digital tracks too.

DaveP- Nice run!  Glad to see your miles coming back.  Too funny about the friend's wife and the TMI story!

Oski- Hope that you feel better!

FreeSoul- Just because your son has his own room doesn't mean he won't be in yours to snuggle for a long time to come!

Robert- Glad you got outside to run!

kristin- Sounds like you are really taking advantage of your time off!

Sarah- Nice run!  I also found the Mizuno toe box not quite wide enough for my feet.  I was looking at the Ghosts too, but ended up falling in love with Sauconys instead.

Burrrrrn- Nice hill workout!  Have you always had the "u" in your name and I just didn't notice it before, or is it recent?

Step- Love that feeling of a good run following a LR!

LRB- Sounds like work is trying too add a little more muscle tightness to make the massage more interesting.  Got any interesting workouts planned, or mostly sticking to easier runs these days?

SIAR- Hope you have a good day, whether you get another run in or not!

Marjorie- Nice run!

Hobbitlegs- Agreed, a soupy run is way better than  a meeting, yuck!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

1: Dirty clothes hamper going back where the changing table was, and my running shoes into the closet where I can keep the door shut so Dorian can't pull them out.

2: My camera bag, diaper bag will take up a little bit of the space where his crib was.

I am going to miss having his crib in there though, I am having a blast decorating his room Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Burrrrrn- Nice hill workout!  Have you always had the "u" in your name and I just didn't notice it before, or is it recent?

It's pretty new! I just throw stuff in there to see if anyone is actually paying attention.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just leaving the office which means my afternoon was not better than my morning.

Damaris

Damaris, why does she insist on adjusting the thermostat when you're the only one affected?!?!!

scottydawg, congratulations on the 5K! The floor is carpeted. I feel that it would be icky to lie on it sans mat.

Zelanie, I'm glad that you had fun camping. Excellent 8.5 today.

I'm off to do eight miles on the TM or an hour on the AMT. I haven't decided.

I'm still afraid to be away from a a bathroom for an extended period of time. Even though today is my second day of no discomfort post-procedure, I'll wait three full days before taking it outside. If tomorrow passes well, I'll run outside Wednesday morningSmile

LRB

Got any interesting workouts planned, or mostly sticking to easier runs these days?

I am in marathon mode, which means a shit load of tempo paced runs for the foreseeable future, snooze, yawn, snore.