Beginners and Beyond

Slothful Saturdailies (Read 41 times)

Cyberic

Race this morning - Oskar Blues 4 miler. I won my age group in this race two years ago with a time of 28:03. Today's time was a minute slower and I was smoked by a 62 year old who ran a 24:03. That's a 6 minute pace for a 62 year old male. Holy Shite! Overall winning time was 19:10 - WHAAAAT? Sub 5 minute miles.  Not too shabby for a little local race.

Good runners down there.

Cyberic

I ran 12.4

My VO2Max keeps improving since I bought the 620. Started at 51, and it is now at 55, in only one week! This is probably better than EPO!

LRB

I ran 12.4

My VO2Max keeps improving since I bought the 620. Started at 51, and it is now at 55, in only one week! This is probably better than EPO!

lol - If only it were that easy.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, Spring is just about here.... that is for certain.... my throat is waking up scratchy the last two-three days, then it goes away. That only happens when Spring hits.

This afternoon I took Dorian and the dogs to the riverfront for an easy run, it got screwy during the first .3 miles when my watch got bumped by one of the leashes and stopped then saved. So I had to restart a run, then we ran 4.3 miles so I figure we ran about 4.6 miles total.

All I can say is... as the weather warms up, Rocky will most likely be left at home during afternoon runs while Jetta will go along. She might be black, but her fur isn't thick like his and she's in a hell of a lot better shape than he is, he just drags along behind us after 2 miles which could also be because he is worried he'll be ran over by one of the wheels or have to deal with her. Other than that they are fine.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

Post-race offerings must have been satisfactory.  Smile

Pinner  Score!!!

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I ran 12.4

So what's it predicting for Boston? 

onemile

I ran 8.

LRB

So what's it predicting for Boston? 

Daniels says a 2:56.

onemile

Daniels says a 2:56.

Ooooh sub-3!

LRB

Ooooh sub-3!

I always knew he had it in him, it was just a matter of when.

Cyberic

Ooooh sub-3!

Garmin says 3:00:04.

5K: 18:48

10K: 39:01

HM: 1:26:18

FM: 3:00:04

Not Sub 3  But as many of you have said, pretty laughable 

Cyberic

I always knew he had it in him, it was just a matter of when.

I wanna be like Jay!

As for the "when", I had to take EPO, or buy a 620. If I would have know, I would have bought a 630 and added the Lactate Threshold value for even more performance improvement

LRB

Garmin says 3:00:04.

The way you train, that's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. Not saying next month but at some point, why the hell not.

onemile

The way you train, that's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. Not saying next month but at some point, why the hell not.

+1. No one is laughing at the idea of you running sub-3.  Maybe not this cycle but if you want it... I believe you can.

DavePNW

blab blah blah Oskar Blues blab blah blah

This is what I read. Have a Ten Fidy for me. And presumably some kind of congrats are in order.

Dave