Beginners and Beyond

Another Case of the MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

Smile WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread, and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Thanks for starting us off Basya!

Switching my day off from yesterday to today. Did a little race yesterday. Totally surpassed my goal. Yay me!

Have a great day everyone! And a great week!

6.0 miles in 56:38.27. 9:27 pace.

Splits:

Mile 1.0 - 10:12.85

Mile 2.0 - 9:37.35

Mile 3.0 - 9:27.58

Mile 4.0 - 9:27.33

Mile 5.0 - 9:11.84

Mile 6.0 - 8:41.32

WTH?

SRD for me, hope everyone has a great Monday!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

@runjerseygirl

Single rep, max lift retest today.  It's been 4 weeks since my last test.  Hoping to see some progress.

Do you even run?

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Just relaxing and enjoying my coffee.  Coffee is good for recovery, right?  Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Smile

Some easy recovery miles on tap for this evening after t-ball practice.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Good early morning Dailies.

fla - Congrats on the race. Deets?

Basya - Nice fast finish.

Sparker - Enjoy the rest day.

Kay - Good luck!

D2 - Take it easy today. You deserve it.

I'm heading out for a run, and then I'm off to the airport. I decided to take a RD tomorrow so I don't have to pack my running gear, but mostly so I don't have to deal with sub-10 weather. I'm sure I would have way overdressed.

delicate flower

What ya say, website full of goofballs!  Happy Monday!  I've already got one coffee in me, and it's looking like a two coffee morning.  More spinning on my post-work schedule today.  My knee hasn't really been an issue at all on that bike...I'm just trying to work through early season leg fatigue.  My knee is feeling great but I still need to proceed with caution and not push it.  I don't remember feeling this good this quickly last time I went through this.

Have a great day, kiddos!

<3

BruceD555

Mornin' folks.

BasyaSpiliakos- Thanks for getting us started this morning and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Nice job on the run but it looks like you were running down a progressively steeper hill. Wink Nice work.

flarunner- Surpassing ones goal is always good! Congrats!

Sparker1606- Enjoy your rest day.

KayPS- Have fun in the gym with that retest on your max lift.

Dtothe2nd- Coffee is required for proper recovery. Nice job again on the race and enjoy those recovery miles this evening.

B-Plus- Enjoy that run ... and survive the airport Wink.

Baboon- I'm fairly certain this is going to be a 3 coffee morning for me, so step up to the bar ... I'm buying. Enjoy your spin later on.

Well, I'm feeling particularly sluggish this morning and it will most definitely be a multiple coffee morning. My quads are still feeling a bit beat up after the weekend of running but in keeping with my schedule, I'll end up doing 3-5 slow recovery miles on the treadmill at the office this afternoon.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Scott, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Kay, good luck!

Dave, have a great recovery run.

B-Plus, enjoy your run. Have a safe trip.

Phil, I'm glad that you're feeling well. You've had an amazing recovery. Have fun spinning tonight.

Bruce, I hope that your recovery run goes well. My run was fairly flat, with just the normal, slight undulations o'the road.

Ab work is done. I'm still questioning what Garmin tells me. If it's correct, then a sub-hour 10K seems rather possibleSmile

Morning all!

Early AM yoga done.

Fla, congrats on the race!

Basya, nice progression run! Smile

Sparker, rest up well

Kay, good luck

Dave, coffee is good for everything, it's the miracle drug.

B-Plus, have a good run & a good trip.

Baboon, I am reminded of a line from the movie L.A. Story: "Is it OK to spin here". I assume that is too obscure for everyone, but there it is.

Bruce, gosh I can't imagine why you're feeling beat up after that weekend. PLEASE take it easy for once, OK? You're making the rest of us look bad.

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

Today is rest day.

I have an uphill battle ahead of me for the remainder of the month to hit my monthly goal of 90 miles due to a lazy week.  It's my fault and I will be beating myself up if I don't hit it.  However, I'm more than double my mileage year to date from this time last year.

It's raining here this morning which will make a fun day at work.  Y'all be safe at whatever you do today.

Running for TJ because he can't.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies!

Someone's got a case of the Mondays!

Coffee's ready! Enjoying a cup or two as we speak.

I'm probably not going to run today, but I might. I'm driving up to Ohio tomorrow for a few days. Which would place me soundly into the "insane" category, since I'm leaving 60-70 degree 'windows-open' weather for 30-40 degree highs and snow showers. What inspired me to do this???!!!

Anyway, I'll be spending the day packing for my short trip, and I'll be taking some warm running cloths along. No use travelling all that distance and NOT getting some runs in!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

BruceD555

I'm probably not going to run today, but I might. I'm driving up to Ohio tomorrow for a few days. Which would place me soundly into the "insane" category, since I'm leaving 60-70 degree 'windows-open' weather for 30-40 degree highs and snow showers. What inspired me to do this???!!!

Anyway, I'll be spending the day packing for my short trip, and I'll be taking some warm running cloths along. No use travelling all that distance and NOT getting some runs in!

It could always be worse ... you could be heading to Wisconsin and get to have fun with my week's forecast for running. Wink

Winter Sucks

Train smart ... race smarter.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

I checked in last night after people probably stopped checking the thread and said I missrd my LR this weekend. I attempted it this morning and figured I would just pretend my running week ended Monday instead of Sunday, but I couldn't get out the door on time to get in the 3.5 miles I needed. So I ended up with 2.5. ugh I suck!! So I guess I need to let the LR go.... grrrr

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to