Beginners and Beyond

SKOL SunDAILIES (Read 41 times)

RunningOnSand

Sorry guys, gotta support my team! And no offense to any of you non-Vikings fans. The whole state of MN has been lighting up purple to support the Vikes for the game today. There's been a renewed sense of hope! Any other football watchers out there today?

SRD here, and I'm grateful! Mentally gearing up for 6 straight days of running this week!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

We're green down here.

Probably an unscheduled rest day. Have a pain on the bottom of my heel that hurts every time I push off. It comes and goes, some days I'm fine and others I hobble.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 miles at some point today.

KC, congrats on the F3 race as well!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

UPS did not deliver my watch on Friday.  They did not deliver it on Saturday either, so I had to use my old 620 today, and I am pretty sure that I am NOT going to miss it.  Because the stupid thing shut down on me mid-run AGAIN and reset itself minus a quarter mile, or maybe it was .2 mile -- I was at a stoplight, and I was at 13.13, and then when it turned on again it was at 12.93.  I am displeased.

And then I had to run a little bit extra so my watch should say at least 16.  LOGIC.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

UPS did not deliver my watch on Friday.  They did not deliver it on Saturday either, so I had to use my old 620 today, and I am pretty sure that I am NOT going to miss it.  Because the stupid thing shut down on me mid-run AGAIN and reset itself minus a quarter mile, or maybe it was .2 mile -- I was at a stoplight, and I was at 13.13, and then when it turned on again it was at 12.93.  I am displeased.

And then I had to run a little bit extra so my watch should say at least 16.  LOGIC.

Must be the latest software update - self correcting GPS watches.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

I live in Patriots territory.  While I am a Rams fan, the Patriots are my #2, though there is a large gap between 1 and 2 for me.  The Patriots insanity around here does not lessen at all from year to year, and folks don't get tired of all the winning.  The fans are rabid.

I am headed out for my run now and my legs are tired. This may get ugly.  BRB!

<3

sdWhiskers

3.6 miles for my 36th! Threw in a few strides which made me laugh because they were so slow.

I live with a patriots fan so its inescapable. My 4 yo thinks every Sunday is Tom Brady day   I'm from PA so a Steelers fan.

Great race, KC!

RunningOnSand

I live in Patriots territory.  While I am a Rams fan, the Patriots are my #2, though there is a large gap between 1 and 2 for me.  The Patriots insanity around here does not lessen at all from year to year, and folks don't get tired of all the winning.  The fans are rabid.

This made me laugh. Mostly b/c, as you may know, the Vikings are so disappointing to watch so much of the time and we've never had to get tired of all the winning. B/c we hardly ever win. Big grin We have die hard fans here, too, but I'm sure not to the caliber of Pats fans!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

8 TM miles done.

Damaris

Runshortii

SRD for me, besides this 12 hours of work nonsense. Thanks for the congrats yesterday! It was a nice race, I thought the course was kind of boring but flat and fast which was nice. Started with the 1:40 pacer so I wouldn’t go out too fast and left him after a couple miles, felt good til around mile 8 but managed to keep a good pace.  Back to the grind tomorrow 

im a bears fan, I hate the Vikings. But I hate the patriots more.

KC - nice job yesterday! It was a nice day for a HM. That’s awesome you barely looked at your watch, I look at mine too much

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Uh oh, it's ROS vs WC tonight.  I'm not picking sides.

13 this morning.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Baboon

delicate flower

I had a nice run.  I kept the effort somewhere between easy and moderate, just to start getting the endurance back up.  10 miles at 7:43 avg pace on a hilly route.  I swear, any 10 mile run from my house in any direction is going to be harder than almost any HM course I do.

<3

onemile

I remembered that I had a $25 gift card to the LRS that I got as an AG award last summer so I put it toward a pair of Ghost 10. Gave them a test run of 14 miles today. They feel a bit lighter than the Ghost 9. I liked them.

DavePNW

I remembered that I had a $25 gift card to the LRS that I got as an AG award last summer so I put it toward a pair of Ghost 10. Gave them a test run of 14 miles today. They feel a bit lighter than the Ghost 9. I liked them.

Good to hear! Although with all the 9s I have in inventory, I might end up going straight to 11.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We watched The Commuter in the theaters (aka, Taken 7). A good thriller.

Finally got a text about the office. I have to report briefly tomorrow to shut down my cases (give them to

the one that will be working, continuing hearings, etc)

Damaris