Beginners and Beyond

Thursday the 13th (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I run in some dark sidewalks but I don't carry a light often and if I do I keep the light off unless I need it for a section.  Last thing I want is for people to see me running alone.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I often run on busy roads during the dark evening commute.  I wear a headlamp and reflective vest.  I'd strap searchlight to my head if I was strong enough to carry it.

<3

Runshortii

Benefit of starting work day at 11am I don’t really have to worry about running in the dark. My first time running in total darkness was when I did a Ragnar relay last year. I live in the middle of nowhere so I would need a head lamp

Cyberic

Beard pic is all right. But I like them when icicles start forming. The one from this mornng is pretty much only frost. I also only had 3 miles run, this morning.

I have this headlamp. Very light, battery pack in the back, so weight is well balanced. Dimmable. Red light in the back that can be solid or flashing. It is a street runner's head lamp.

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_CA/headlamps-and-lanterns/sprinter-headlamp-BD620630SBLUALL1.html

workinprogress11

it gets dark at like 4:30pm

To clarify, I meant more that in the summer I’m an evening runner so I would time my runs so there was still some light when I was done.  Where I live, there is usually still some light until 5 in the winter. I get off work at 4pm and work at home so I work in my running clothes and then jump right out the door at 4 when I can.  I can get 4 or 5 miles in doing that. Otherwise, I go to the indoor track or if that’s not practical, hop on the treadmill.

onemile

I often run on busy roads during the dark evening commute.  I wear a headlamp and reflective vest.  I'd strap searchlight to my head if I was strong enough to carry it.

onemile

Reliable RP texted me this morning about running at lunch. He only lives 2 miles from where I work so he met me here and did my workout with me which was 9 miles with 3x1 mile and then 10x40 sec pickups.

onemile

I have this headlamp. Very light, battery pack in the back, so weight is well balanced. Dimmable. Red light in the back that can be solid or flashing. It is a street runner's head lamp.

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_CA/headlamps-and-lanterns/sprinter-headlamp-BD620630SBLUALL1.html

oh hey, I have that one too

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We have light until around 6pm in the Winter. Wink

Damaris

onemile

We have light until around 6pm in the Winter. Wink

current sunset in Milwaukee is 4:17pm

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

current sunset in Milwaukee is 4:17pm

Ouch.  I remember my first experience in the NE Winter.  Went to NY and entered the Hard Rock Cafe to eat LUNCH.  When we left the restaurant it was pitch dark.  We were like WTF is this shit?  LOL.

In PR, the sun sets normally before 6pm whether Summer or Winter. That close to the equator is hard for the nights to extend like here.  Sometimes I go out for dinner here in the Summer at 9pm and the sun is still somewhat up and it still weirds me out.

Damaris

Cyberic

Reliable RP texted me this morning about running at lunch. He only lives 2 miles from where I work so he met me here and did my workout with me which was 9 miles with 3x1 mile and then 10x40 sec pickups.

Nice!

onemile

Nice!

meanwhile, he ran 5 easy this morning and then 2 miles to my work, 9 miles with me, and then 2 miles home 

LRB

Our days are still getting shorter. Right now it's dark by about 5:15 or so.

LRB

meanwhile, he ran 5 easy this morning and then 2 miles to my work, 9 miles with me, and then 2 miles home 

That's hard-core dude right there. There's one in every town.