Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Snooze City (Read 31 times)

DavePNW

I'd be surprised if I could run a sub-6 mile

Well I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't. Only one way to find out! DOO EET!!

This is the beauty of short distances. You can't just wake up one morning and decide to do a marathon time trial.

Dave

Zelanie

Nice job, Dave!

Good miles, PR!  Maybe you need an ellipti-go.  I've never seen an unhappy person on one of those.

LRB

Nice job, Dave!

Good miles, PR!  Maybe you need an ellipti-go.  I've never seen an unhappy person on one of those.

lol

People fly on them things!

Runshortii

If I can't run or bike, I'll just drink beer and pout.

Runshortii

I ran 14 on hills. It wasn't as horrible as my non hilly 13 miler last week so that's something.

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles, 5 AlterG miles (because I'm getting scared)... and then since I have some sick hours to use up, I stayed away from work and went to another branch of the climbing gym instead.  I wish it were closer -- it's so much roomier!!  (I think that was my first time on the Pulaski Bridge since NYCM in November.  I had no idea it was a draw bridge.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I did my 1 mile time trial. Result: drum roll please...5:59.8. Ha.

Splits: 1:26.7, 1:30.2, 1:33.3, 1:29.6. That 3rd quarter was a little rough I guess. But overall it was kind of fun.

Strava actually called it a 5:58, maybe I should take that.

I'm jealous!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

biking is completely out of the question for roughly 4 months out of the year here. I mean. I suppose there are people who do it when there is snow and ice all over the place and the temps are in the teens

I have a lot to learn about cold weather biking.  This winter will be a schooling.

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

I did my 1 mile time trial. Result: drum roll please...5:59.8. Ha.

Splits: 1:26.7, 1:30.2, 1:33.3, 1:29.6. That 3rd quarter was a little rough I guess. But overall it was kind of fun.

Strava actually called it a 5:58, maybe I should take that.

Good work! I have one of those sumbitches next Saturday and I am not looking forward to it. Ick.

I ended up with a little bit over 7 for the day - ran a bit at the track with the girl I'm coaching for the summer, then went out and did ~6.5ish more in the heat. Explored some new roads, found the end of civilization in my town, ran a few more strides when I got back to my car/the track. Now drinking a hard cider and waiting for my pizza dough to rise sufficiently!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Well I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't. Only one way to find out! DOO EET!!

This is the beauty of short distances. You can't just wake up one morning and decide to do a marathon time trial.

Well you could, but I wouldn't bet on a good outcome.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 7 with a mix of shorter and longer intervals.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Dave!

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Nice job, Dave!

I'd try one if it was handy.  Just to say i did.

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I ran 8.5, which was my 3.5 from yesterday that I missed plus my easy 5 miler of the week.

DavePNW

I am sitting outside at a restaurant having dinner right now, and a guy just went by on one of those things. With a dog.

Dave