Beginners and Beyond

SleepInThursDailies (Read 23 times)

sdWhiskers

Anyone following the Brett Favre story, with all the money he owes for speeches he didn’t give? What a numbnuts.

Wouldn't be his first scandal

sdWhiskers

Earlier this week I overheard a conversation about how work life balance has improved since people returned to the building full time. It took everything in my power not to scream from my office are you kidding?

For some people, this is absolutely true. Others, not so much.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is the weirdest post-marathon problem I've ever had: all of me feels pretty much okay, but my jaw is absolutely killing me. Like, I feel that I ought to go on a liquid diet for a week because it hurts so much. What in the world?!

That's from all the smiling you did in your pictures, which is not typical of you. Wink

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Strength training for me this morning. May run later, not sure. I need to run into the office after lunch for some things, so a lot depends on how annoying traffic is. Earlier this week I overheard a conversation about how work life balance has improved since people returned to the building full time. It took everything in my power not to scream from my office are you kidding?

I would be miserable if I had to return to the office every day.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

45 min walk with the dog this morning. Tonight some rehab.

LRB

That's from all the smiling you did in your pictures, which is not typical of you. Wink

I snorted 🤣

LRB

Anyone following the Brett Favre story, with all the money he owes for speeches he didn’t give? What a numbnuts.

Off to google

bluerun

Super B****

Wait until you see the pictures from later in the race…

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, I agree, I think it all depends on the person/situation. I've gotten pressure about not being on-site all the time (not from my boss or boss's boss, they are fine with the current set up), and this was very insightful into why. I also work with 2 programs, one has always been remote, just that the remote part has been me in a Baltimore office vs my home. It's worked for them for 10+ years.

LRB, make sure you don't get the pictures from his first scandal.

DavePNW

For some people, this is absolutely true. Others, not so much.

Right - the people who prefer more work and less life. There are plenty of them.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Right - the people who prefer more work and less life. There are plenty of them.

Funny thing is, on days I work from home, I spend more time working. I know I check e-mail more after hours. But without the commute & other things, it doesn't seem as intrusive. Basically, the work day starts and ends when I finish working vs starting when I get in my car in the am and when I get home in the pm.

KCRuns

I would be miserable if I had to return to the office every day.

SAME

I walked 3 miles this afternoon

DavePNW

Finally got some relevant communication from CIM.

- you must sign up for a specific time window at the expo (though I imagine not tightly enforced)

- only race participants are allowed at the expo.

- you must show proof of vax or 72 hr negative test in order to pick up your bib.

- there is gear check at the finish, but none at the start

- nothing stated about masks (not even on buses!), just that they will follow local COVID policies at that time.

Those of you who have run it know that race start is 7:00; buses from downtown leave at 5:00. 

They have 5 "self-seeded staging areas," aka corrals I guess. No further indication of how the start will work - whether each corral will go off all at once, and/or how much gap between them. I'm in #2 (optimistically), so hopefully not too much waiting.

To those who have run it, what's the starting area like - just one big mass of humanity?

Dave

sdWhiskers

Not everyone works better at home. I work more efficiently at work for a number of reasons. If my job went fully remote indefinitely, I would find a different job.

sdWhiskers

LRB, make sure you don't get the pictures from his first scandal.

LOL