Beginners and Beyond

The truth about TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

workinprogress11

Good morning!

4 miles last night after a 20 mile bike ride which is the longest I've ever ridden.  I was wiped out. Baboon, I don't know how you do those duathlon thingies.  5 on the schedule for tonight.

LRB

Did you check my McMillan times based on the 600?

Any one of those would be awesome.  I say shoot for the 5:38 mile x 3.1, which is easy for me to say. 

onemile

70 minutes pool running done this morning, weights done just before lunch.

8.5-9.5 hours of pool running per week is pretty hardcore.

LRB

So just how does pool running work? Is there a station or apparatus that one must use, or are you running in place in the deep end? You know, just in case my oft broken ass ever needs to do it, FFS.

onemile

So just how does pool running work? Is there a station or apparatus that one must use, or are you running in place in the deep end? You know, just in case my oft broken ass ever needs to do it, FFS.

When I am broken, I just feel sorry for myself and get fat.

Actually, last time it happened I did try to maintain fitness by cycling hard 6x / week but I don't think it even helped.  But I don't think I have it in me to try pool running.

From the Internet.

8.5-9.5 hours of pool running per week is pretty hardcore.

It's mentally challenging, that's for sure. I'm figuring if I put in more time in the pool than I've been running on dry land, I'll at least retain my fitness and maybe even come back with more of it (a girl can dream!).

From the Internet.

You wear a special floaty belt thing - I got one off Amazon but both the pools I frequent have them available to borrow too - and run back and forth in the deep end. You stay as upright as possible to maximize water resistance and keep your cadence near what it would be when running on dry land. Shit tons of intervals of varying lengths and intensities, your heart rate doesn't stay high enough without some hard efforts in there and you can recover much more easily/quickly than you would from a running workout since there's no impact.

I have heard that you can get an even better workout by tying your belt to some kind of pole or anchor outside the pool and running against that resistance, but I haven't asked if they'd allow that sort of thing yet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mmm, hmm. I love what you've done to the place. That old default color was about as exciting as a twig.

LMFAO

Damaris

LRB

Actually, last time it happened I did try to maintain fitness by cycling hard 6x / week but I don't think it even helped.

I disagree, you went out and "put on a clinic" at Indy. And those were not my words so there. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OHHH SHIT. I need that in my life D:

In other news, I'M WEARING NORMAL SHOES TODAY! And walking with my whole foot! Definitely not run-ready yet, but if I can walk without contorting my foot and leg now the transition back to running should be a little easier when it happens. I have my ugly velcro shoe wrapped up in a shopping bag in my purse just in case I need to switch back to it.

Great to hear!  And all those pool workouts will help.

Damaris

onemile

I disagree, you went out and "put on a clinic" at Indy. And those were not my words so there. 

But it still took me over 2 months to get my fitness back for that 1 month of no running.  But maybe it would have taken longer if I hadn't done anything? I don't know.

LRB

Good morning!

4 miles last night after a 20 mile bike ride which is the longest I've ever ridden.   

Sweet! In the days before running, I rode to and from work on my bike logging about 20 miles each way. It is a great way to stay fit.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No thank you.

6.5m this morning.  Low 70s with a nice breeze.  I was like WTH, where am I?

Lol, only on Tuesday and Wednesday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

But it still took me over 2 months to get my fitness back for that 1 month of no running.  But maybe it would have taken longer if I hadn't done anything? I don't know.

Yeah me neither. You put together two helluva races afterwards though, at least concede that.

It's like pulling teeth with you, FFS.

onemile

Yeah me neither. You put together two helluva races afterwards though, at least concede that.

It's like pulling teeth with you, FFS.

FINE. All I want is to do it one more time before I retire.