Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: If load load created the problem, load will solve it (Read 36 times)

LRB

What?

Synonyms for DB. Tool works too, as does Toolbox. The latter of which usually infers the person in question is worse than a tool.

LRB

What a f’in jerk.

Old school, I like it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I second that!  I have bought certified refurbished lately several times (one robotic vacuum; among other things) and found they behaved just like new.  FWIW I also like buying my automobiles lightly used, too, so I realize YMMV.

Oh, and also, @FreeSoul87, be glad it's not a FitBit!  I wish I had been more careful, I DO get the heart rate data I wanted from this Charge3, but in all other respects, it is definitely NOT like a Garmin.  The online information all lacks sufficient context and FitBit does much too much marketing hype, IMHO.

I never saw the appeal of the fitbit, I think I'l always be a Garmin girl.

And the certified refurbished 220 is currently $299.99 with heart rate monitor and $199.99 without so still $100 more than the 25. But if I don't like the 35, I will return it and get the 220 damn it. I am going to take the 35 for a test run when I get it, see how it goes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Old school, I like it.

Yeah, "jerk" existed when I lived in an english speaking environment in the 80s. I get those old school words.

More on the DB jerk, the oddest thing (I thought) was that he was carrying flowers, and when I got near him, I could see he was wearing a  white dress shirt and black tie... The guy was going to an early Valentine's day date, or something.  He was about 30. The way he appeared and was dressed really clashed with the way he was acting.

A frustrated being.

onemile

I never saw the appeal of the fitbit,

fitbits are for people who don't exercise so they can track their non-exercise movements 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, "jerk" existed when I lived in an english speaking environment in the 80s. I get those old school words.

More on the DB jerk, the oddest thing (I thought) was that he was carrying flowers, and when I got near him, I could see he was wearing a  white dress shirt and black tie... The guy was going to an early Valentine's day date, or something.  He was about 30. The way he appeared and was dressed really clashed with the way he was acting.

A frustrated being.

I wonder if he had some mental issues.  His behavior didn't sound normal at all.  Plus I assume he was like 5' shorter than you and was picking up a fight?

Damaris

I wonder if he had some mental issues.  His behavior didn't sound normal at all.  

That was my immediate assumption when I read the story.

Dave

Cyberic

I wonder if he had some mental issues.  His behavior didn't sound normal at all.  Plus I assume he was like 5' shorter than you and was picking up a fight?

He was maybe 5'9" -5'10". Average height. He wanted to look like he was trying to fight, but I don't think he was. Maybe he was some hot shit martial arts guy, too, but I doubt it. Those guys are usually really cool and confident.

Those things don't usually happen to me. I'm mostly a happy going guy. But in this case I did stop and turned around and asked what he was complaining about. So partly my fault. Glad he unloaded his frustrations on me and not on someone who could have been scared.

sdWhiskers

I never saw the appeal of the fitbit, I think I'l always be a Garmin girl.

And the certified refurbished 220 is currently $299.99 with heart rate monitor and $199.99 without so still $100 more than the 25. But if I don't like the 35, I will return it and get the 220 damn it. I am going to take the 35 for a test run when I get it, see how it goes.

I made the switch from the 220 to 235 a few weeks ago. I would have bought another 220 new if it were possible. With that said, I am also loving the 235! Basically the same as 220 so nothing really new to get used to. Battery life is a huge upgrade!

sdWhiskers

Glad he unloaded his frustrations on me and not on someone who could have been scared.

Yeah, if it were me, I'd never run there again. And probably be terrified of anyone the even remotely resembles him 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

See, now I am already wanting to cancel the 35 order and go ahead and get the 235 lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

See, now I am already wanting to cancel the 35 order and go ahead and get the 235 lol

As you should.

Damaris

Cyberic

As you should.

Yup. Although the 35 has all you really need, I really like the huge display upgrade you get from going in the 200 series. You go from old Timex or Casio to modern full color display. And lots of bells and whistles more.

Going above the 200 series is a bit of a waste of money. I do it. Had the 610, the 620 and the Fenix, but the 235 has all I really need and want.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

sdWhiskers had me at "Basically the same as the 220". I canceled the 35 order and ordered the 235.... might as well get something I love if it is going to last me 2-3 years.

PRs