Beginners and Beyond

Miserable Monday (Read 43 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I should clarify, it was 2:38 PM.  Her time in the race was 3:48:21.  Sorry to not be clear.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Did anyone track Ginny?

She's finished 40k so far, in 4:18:56, crossing the mat at 3:08:57 PM.  She should be done in 15 minutes or so.

Baboon

delicate flower

Julia1971 from the very quiet marathoners group here on RA finished in 4:02!  Not her fastest by a long shot, but she is always happy to finish a marathon.  Smile

<3

DavePNW

Julia1971 from the very quiet marathoners group here on RA finished in 4:02!  Not her fastest by a long shot, but she is always happy to finish a marathonSmile

Today that was everyone's goal.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ginny finished in 4:32:32.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LRB

The finisher's chute seemed like it was a mile long. If you're lucky, that's a 20 minute walk just to begin the walk to get to some dry clothes. On a day like today, that's where the real carnage is.

onemile

The finisher's chute seemed like it was a mile long. If you're lucky, that's a 20 minute walk just to begin the walk to get to some dry clothes. On a day like today, that's where the real carnage is.

yes! That was so so awful in 2015. Similar conditions and I was just so cold and shaking and had to walk a mile to bag pick up and by then I was so miserable I went inside a stranger's camper to warm up!

DavePNW

This is the first thing I thought of when I heard about the weather, just from reading people's reports. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Been traveling since 7am and I just got to my hotel room, sheesh.  Tracked the Boston peeps but didn't have much time to post.

Congrats, Jay, Ginny, Bluerun!  Tough conditions, but you did great!

Fred, nice job.  That's a tough race to run, from what I have heard, due to the wind.

I have 4 miles and weights when I feel less lazy to go out there.

Damaris

KCRuns

Congratulations, Ginny!  That's awesome!!

DavePNW

Nice job!!

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

That was ROUGH.  The splits make it look like Heartbreak Hill chewed me up and spit me out, but it was more like, congratulations, hill’s done!  Here’s a sustained 30 MPH headwind to take you the last five miles.  And once I realized I wouldn’t PR, I decided I’d be more mad if I missed by a few seconds so I didn’t bother trying to pick up the pace.

As for walking after... yeah.  Probably not a good sign when a medic offers you a wheelchair!  I may never be warm again.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

That was ROUGH.  The splits make it look like Heartbreak Hill chewed me up and spit me out, but it was more like, congratulations, hill’s done!  Here’s a sustained 30 MPH headwind to take you the last five miles.  And once I realized I wouldn’t PR, I decided I’d be more mad if I missed by a few seconds so I didn’t bother trying to pick up the pace.

As for walking after... yeah.  Probably not a good sign when a medic offers you a wheelchair!  I may never be warm again.

Every single person I was tracking had a big slowdown there. Running so close to your PR in that is pretty damn good.

DavePNW

I hope you took it!

Incredible performance in those conditions.

Dave