Beginners and Beyond

Space Coast Marathon RR (Long) (Read 74 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

And we pay to do this! Nice job though despite the problems.

I think blue polish would have gone better with the medals.

Nice job sticking it out.  I detest side stitches and have yet to find a way to work around them.  Aside from stopping.

Agreed - blue polish much better with the medals!

Ink-n-burn has an interesting placement of the eyes on that tank...

onemile

I didn't notice before but now that you mention it... lol

Congrats on another marathon Damaris!

LRB

I didn't notice before but now that you mention it... lol

There was a better one in Facebook, but I resisted. Sly? Not so much. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Raising the roof? lol

Those medals are nice but I'm not sure that five years makes sense. So many runners come and go that I would imagine there will be many who never complete it.

Nice race. Great news on the shoes as well.

A lot of people are completing it, actually.  We also get 24 hours pre-sale for the races to register because the HM gets full in 15 minutes.  They are really well organized on that.  Mostly everybody that ran in year 1 registered for year 2, etc.  Whether they completed it, I have to check the numbers.

They also do something really neat.  You cannot switch from the full to the HM because it gets full.  But people can start with the full (you are not allowed to start with the HM) with a marathon bib and when you get to mile 13.4 or around there, before making the turn to the second half of the race (South), there is a "wormhole" tunnel (it's even called like that!) that brings you into the finishing chute.  You get the FULL medal and probably the challenge medals but you are listed at the end of the results for the full, not the HM.  It allows athletes that cannot complete the full for whatever reason, to still participate and get the bling they wanted, even though it shows you as a DNF in the results.  I think that is fair.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They actually changed the placement to lower when they filled this backordered tank but I got one of the original ones so I get to have 4 eyes. Wink

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

There was a better one in Facebook, but I resisted. Sly? Not so much. lol

Not so much!  Resistance is futile -

I know of a certain other forumite girly that can't resist either...

They actually changed the placement to lower when they filled this backordered tank but I got one of the original ones so I get to have 4 eyes. Wink

HAH!

Baboon

delicate flower

We have been doing this race every year to get our Big Bang Series, which means you have to run the race for the 5 years to get it.  Year 3 included the Milky Way Challenge Medal, which basically assures you are a candidate for the Big Bang Series and the Five Year Intergalactic Series medal, so long as you complete the next two.  

Need flowcart.....

Nice job, Docket!  If the asthma doesn't get ya, the cramp does, eh?    Those medals look pretty sweet.  Makes me want to run this marathon, but 78 in November?  Yeesh.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just look at the first picture in the RR, doh.

Thanks, guys.

Damaris

music_girl117

You did great, congrats!  I am living vicariously through you; I am a huge NASA buff and would love to run this race someday.  But I don't live near Florida and I know it sells out super fast. Sad  Maybe someday I'll manage it.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Congrats, nice job sticking it out!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

A lot of people are completing it, actually.  We also get 24 hours pre-sale for the races to register because the HM gets full in 15 minutes.  They are really well organized on that.  Mostly everybody that ran in year 1 registered for year 2, etc.  Whether they completed it, I have to check the numbers.

They also do something really neat.  You cannot switch from the full to the HM because it gets full.  But people can start with the full (you are not allowed to start with the HM) with a marathon bib and when you get to mile 13.4 or around there, before making the turn to the second half of the race (South), there is a "wormhole" tunnel (it's even called like that!) that brings you into the finishing chute.  You get the FULL medal and probably the challenge medals but you are listed at the end of the results for the full, not the HM.  It allows athletes that cannot complete the full for whatever reason, to still participate and get the bling they wanted, even though it shows you as a DNF in the results.  I think that is fair.

Meh, just buy it on eBay.  Screw this running crap.

You people have issues 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice report!  Congrats on your course PR and all the bling you are accumulating!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not so much!  Resistance is futile -

I know of a certain other forumite girly that can't resist either...

HAH!

Why is it that I am certain you are referring to me Big grin

Had to take a second look, yep.

That wouldn't work the same for me, my boobies are a lot smaller lol.

Great job D!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)