Beginners and Beyond

I love marketing phrases (Read 145 times)

Well hell, they have to say something important sounding to make people plunk down 35 bucks for a pair of running shorts.

And that's the sale price. Regular price was $54.

Jess runs for bacon

This thread delivers...relentless freedom.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Maybe it's a two-part plan...first, it's relentless in cutting off your circulation...then after all your 'stuff" dies and you have to have the amputation surgery, you really do have all kinds of no-chafing freedom.   That is pretty darn relentless!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

First a thread about jock straps, now a thread about relentless freedom.  You boys need to make up your mind.

DavePNW

I prefer to think of relentless freedom as running the Boston Marathon with an American flag behind you.

Dave

MrNamtor

I prefer to think of relentless freedom as running the Boston Marathon with an American flag behind you.

Like+++

Revenge of the Nerd

Built for ultimate racing performance, the Asics ARD Split Short gives you relentless freedom. Stretch-woven fabric flows freely, while a fully ventilated back keeps you cool. Soft liner material, gusseted crotch and seamless construction prevents chafing.

Excellent use of alliteration ... fabric flows freely ...

Gusseted crotch FTW!

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Mmmmm...beer

And that's the sale price. Regular price was $54.

I'm continually amazed at the prices of running gear.  Maybe I'm just cheap, but $50+ for shorts, $200+ for jackets, etc. is just ridiculous.  I recently made my most expensive running gear purchase so far, and that was $80 for a pair of shoes, and I only paid that much because I didn't want to wait for them to go on clearance.  The most expensive piece of running clothing I've purchased is a club singlet that was $20, everything else I run in was less than $20 per item.  Well, except for the UA tights I have, but those were a Christmas present, I'd never spend $60 on a pair of tights.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Speaking of marketing phrases, are you going to ship your pants?

Something witty

Little Blue

I want to know how they make a seamless gusset?

LRB

Speaking of marketing phrases, are you going to ship your pants?

I just shipped my bed.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

We've done away with the term homeless.  They're free range citizens, and if they don't have access to prescription drugs they're organic free range citizens.

Sounds like being homeless and unemployed. That kind of freedom is probably as relentless as it gets.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Love the Half

I'm continually amazed at the prices of running gear.  Maybe I'm just cheap, but $50+ for shorts, $200+ for jackets, etc. is just ridiculous.  I recently made my most expensive running gear purchase so far, and that was $80 for a pair of shoes, and I only paid that much because I didn't want to wait for them to go on clearance.  The most expensive piece of running clothing I've purchased is a club singlet that was $20, everything else I run in was less than $20 per item.  Well, except for the UA tights I have, but those were a Christmas present, I'd never spend $60 on a pair of tights.  Smile

I admit to being a cheapskate on everything but my shoes.  My tights are Champion C9's from Target.  My running shorts are several different brands I've caught on clearance - typically at around $10 per pair.  Same thing for both my short sleeve and long sleeve shirts.  I have a few beanie type thermal hats I think I paid $8 for.  My socks are the "And 1" brand I picked up at Wal-Mart.  I do have a couple of nice Adidas thermal tops and Nike gloves I got as Christmas presents.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Walk-Jogger

Excellent use of alliteration ... fabric flows freely ...

Gusseted crotch FTW!

Or one could say:

Admirable alliteration... fabric flows freely...

And "gusseted crotch" sounds frightening. I had to Google it.

Retired &  Loving It

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I just shipped my bed.

That's my favorite part of the commercial!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54