Beginners and Beyond

THURSdaylies: Someone is slacking. (Read 39 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 easy.

Cyberic, I hear you about scheduling meetings. Our group is allowed flexibility in our schedules in that we can do 4 10 hour days, 9 on, 1 off, or standard 5 8 hour days (40 hr work week). When it comes time to schedule a meeting with everyone, there are maybe 2 days in the week that everyone works, of course there is the fun of seeing if they actually are available.

We also have a fair amount of flexibility in start/end time, I work with a number of really early morning people, so I am the late one coming in at 8. I would take less pay in the summer, there are some days where it is just deadly quiet. However, I am usually swamped, so it works out ok, I guess.

LRB

I have 7 weeks of vacation banked, but only get 3 weeks per year. That number increases the longer you are employed but I don't think anyone there gets 6 weeks vacation in a year!

When you factor in sick (12 days) and personal time (2 days) I get pretty close to 6 weeks but I don't use sick time at all so it gets converted to personal.

LRB

I'm watching the NCAA track and field championships in Oregon on ESPN. I'm fairly certain that some of these chicks could lap me in the 400. lol

Cyberic

I would take a 2 week unpaid leave in a heartbeat.

6 weeks vacation is pretty good. And how many holidays do you get off per year?

Maybe I should move to Canada after all.

2 of my 6 weeks are i the Christmas/NY period. Actually it costs me 2 days vacation to be away from work for a full 2 weeks.

In truth I have 4 weeks vacation + 8 work days off ( includes holidays + a couple of of company vacation days) during christmas time

Other than that, I have 2 days during Easter and all holidays in Quebec/Canada.

After 17 years senority (I'm at 15) I get an extra vacation day per year for 5 years, so at 22 years senority I'll have 5 weeks vacation.

And yes, 2 weeks unpaid was easy enough to decide upon. Next summer though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Me too, but it was by choice. I work 8-4 with a half hour-work through lunch.

That's not fair.  I work 8 to 4:30.  Waahhh.  Although I don't even mention it because my boss would change it to 5pm in a heartbeat.

With us is not by choice.  All federal employees (at least with my agency) were bamboozled into giving up 30 minutes from the lunch for breaks that never happen.  So, we now have 30 minutes.  Whoever was working at the time this happened I want to hit you in the head.

Anyway, I'm an attorney, I get whatever lunch I want especially if out in court, but when I'm at the office, it is 30 minutes mandated.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 7 weeks of vacation banked, but only get 3 weeks per year. That number increases the longer you are employed but I don't think anyone there gets 6 weeks vacation in a year!

When you factor in sick (12 days) and personal time (2 days) I get pretty close to 6 weeks but I don't use sick time at all so it gets converted to personal.

At least you can bank.  We have use or lose.  Which is why every other week I take a fucking vacation day because now I'm close to 30 days a year (rare in the US but the feds are good at benefits cause they suck at paying you well).  My poor husband is lucky if he gets 1 week a year.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

At least you can bank.  We have use or lose.  Which is why every other week I take a fucking vacation day because now I'm close to 30 days a year (rare in the US but the feds are good at benefits cause they suck at paying you well).  My poor husband is lucky if he gets 1 week a year.

Even when I had vacation and could bank it, I wouldn't. I needed that extended time away from work.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I can only carry 30 days of vacation past my hire anniversary date. 7 days can be sold back, everything else has to be used or you lose them.

While there are many at my job who carry full banks, there are just as many who do not. It just depends on the person.

Cyberic

I can only carry 30 days of vacation past my hire anniversary date. 7 days can be sold back, everything else has to be used or you lose them.

While there are many at my job who carry full banks, there are just as many who do not. It just depends on the person.

We can convert unused sick days or unused vacation into the next year, but with a max of 10 days total. I usually use 2 sick days in a year, and carry 5 into the next year for an extra week of vacation.

But, as one can understand from the fact that I am willing to take 2 weeks without pay, I take as much time off work as I can, so the 10 day limit does not bother me.