Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Already dressed for bed (Read 22 times)

sdWhiskers

6.7 miles. Sticking with run/walk (walking first min of each mile) to keep HR in the 150s instead of 170s.

Happy with the PSU win last night. Happier that I didn't have to stay up late to watch it.

Cyberic

That is a good question.  My running is kind of in a weird spot for me.  I am not as fast as I'd like to be (10-15 seconds faster across the board would be nice), but my endurance has never been better.  It'll be interesting to see if I can make up for the lack of speed with better endurance.  I'll really only have 8 weeks of high mileage heading into my marathon in three weeks.  I'd be happier if I had another month to train for it, but as luck would have it, I've got the late November marathon as well.

My 1:35 HM yesterday points to a 3:18 marathon, but I also didn't run that race hard, it measured long, and it was a warm and humid day.  I'd like to think a 3:15 marathon would be doable.  I would welcome any opinions on that matter (my coach hasn't said anything yet).

Hard to give opinions for others as we don't all have the same gas tank late in a marathon.

With the numbers you're pulling, I would be confident to PR (your PR). But there's a lot of questions I don't know: when you PRed, what kind of running were you doing compared to right now? And also, was your PR an even split affair or were you going for 3:05 or something and struggled at the end?

To me 3:18 is much too slow to aim for, and so is 3:15.

But again, I'm just throwing what I think.

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, so jealous that you get games that don't require staying up late to watch. Anotheer Ravens night game today, not sure I can stay awake for the whole thing.

Baboon, do your past fulls give you any sort of rough estimate (like HM x 2 + 10)?

LRB

sdWhiskers, so jealous that you get games that don't require staying up late to watch. Anotheer Ravens night game today, not sure I can stay awake for the whole thing.

Baboon, do your past fulls give you any sort of rough estimate (like HM x 2 + 10)?

The best I ever did was that +15.

bluerun

Super B****

Except, I have to change into running gear. Stupid hobby.

You don't HAVE to do anything

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

10.3 (ITB still dumb but the left one is dumber this time), then went climbing because stupid holidays are really messing with my schedule... and I was reminded why I stay away from there on weekends. It was a damn kindergarten. I can't wait until the new facility I switched to opens -- they have a dedicated kids' room. (Not saying kids shouldn't be allowed there, but if you're going to run children's programs, figure out a way to do it so that it's not to the detriment of paying members.)

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

ETA: Stafford interception, oops

That’s the Matt Stafford you know and love!

10 miles, 65 for the week.

Dave

LRB

You don't HAVE to do anything

It's what I told myself because otherwise, run unlikely!

LRB

10.3 (ITB still dumb but the left one is dumber this time), then went climbing because stupid holidays are really messing with my schedule... and I was reminded why I stay away from there on weekends. It was a damn kindergarten.

This what what my swim lessons were except they had a fancy name, tadpoles.

DavePNW

That is a good question.  My running is kind of in a weird spot for me.  I am not as fast as I'd like to be (10-15 seconds faster across the board would be nice), but my endurance has never been better.  It'll be interesting to see if I can make up for the lack of speed with better endurance.  I'll really only have 8 weeks of high mileage heading into my marathon in three weeks.  I'd be happier if I had another month to train for it, but as luck would have it, I've got the late November marathon as well.

My 1:35 HM yesterday points to a 3:18 marathon, but I also didn't run that race hard, it measured long, and it was a warm and humid day.  I'd like to think a 3:15 marathon would be doable.  I would welcome any opinions on that matter (my coach hasn't said anything yet).

If you have decent weather, it’s hard for me to imagine you not going sub-3:10, and maybe closer to 3:05. You’ve never had a flat course and cool weather when you were at peak fitness. But I haven’t analyzed your workouts or anything. For me the best predictors short of racing a half all-out are (1) what kind of pace you can hold for a serious LT workout, and (2) how hard GMP feels during a LR/MP workout. But you know best, and your coach probably knows second best. I don’t have to tell anyone here that marathons are notoriously, maddeningly hard to predict.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

This what what my swim lessons were except they had a fancy name, tadpoles.

Oh, they have a fancy name, trust me. Not any less annoying.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

This was what my PT always told me... worked pretty accurately for me now that I think of it

chasing the impossible

LRB

That’s the Matt Stafford you know and love!

10 miles, 65 for the week.

Are you pro Dalton or pro Fields? 🤔

LRB

Meanwhile the Rams are doing everything in their power to give the damn game away. 

DavePNW

The best I ever did was that +15.

Same.

Dave