Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Splits were about as even as I could get - 7:01, 6:58, 6:58, 7:01.  It was that extra .1 mile that killed me.  Smile

workinprogress11

Nice job, bluesy! Sounds like a fast crowd.

We are in Portland for my birthday since it's about halfway between where we live and where my daughter goes to school. We got in late last night but lucky there isn't a gym in the hotel so I went out and had a great run along the south waterfront and over the new pedestrian/transit bridge.

This morning I had a birthday cupcake and then ran up the north part of the waterfront. Next time,  cupcake after run...

Having a really good time though! We have play tickets later on.

Happy birthday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello what's up yeah great!  Speaking of Wolverine, X-Men Apocalypse premiers on HBO tonight.  I haven't seen it, so I've got that to look forward to tonight.

Been a busy day doin' shit.  Today's workouts were a 60 minute spin session and a 2500 yard swim.

I am rewatching it as well tonight.

Saw Logan. I was disappointed.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Bluesky!

Happy Birthday, Z!

Damaris

Congrats bluesky!

WHAT!?!? I thought it was awesome. Certainly completely different than any other X-Men movie, or any other superhero movie. More like a modern take on a Tarantino-style western, with mutants (but not many).

Dave

Nice job, bluesy! Sounds like a fast crowd.

We are in Portland for my birthday since it's about halfway between where we live and where my daughter goes to school. We got in late last night but lucky there isn't a gym in the hotel so I went out and had a great run along the south waterfront and over the new pedestrian/transit bridge.

This morning I had a birthday cupcake and then ran up the north part of the waterfront. Next time,  cupcake after run...

Having a really good time though! We have play tickets later on.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Birthday Zelanie!

onemile

Nice even splits Bluesky!

Happy Birthday Zelanie!

LRB

Hello what's up yeah great!  Speaking of Wolverine, X-Men Apocalypse premiers on HBO tonight.  I haven't seen it, so I've got that to look forward to tonight.

As far as action, Apocalypse delivered, but I've been sore at the franchise since Days of Future Past (DOFP) completely fucked up the timeline. As such, everything that happened in the first three movies (X-Men, X-2, X-Men: The Last Stand) was undone by DOFP, so it's anyone's guess what happened and what didn't. Ergo Professor X is alive, but he really shouldn't be.

Anyway, Logan was okay. It was extremely long for what it was but if you look at it as a stand alone movie, it worked.

LRB

I am rewatching it as well tonight.

Why couldn't he just utter the words, daughter, or I love you ffs? The abrupt ending didn't help matters, either. It was just like lights on, movie over. All righty then.

LRB

Congrats bluesky!

WHAT!?!? I thought it was awesome. Certainly completely different than any other X-Men movie, or any other superhero movie. More like a modern take on a Tarantino-style western, with mutants (but not many).

When it came to kicking ass the two of them were magnificent! I wanted more of them.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Why couldn't he just utter the words, daughter, or I love you ffs? The abrupt ending didn't help matters, either. It was just like lights on, movie over. All righty then.

Yeah, exactly.  And then no extra scenes in the end had the audience booing (we were not the only ones that were like WTF).  To me, it was the worst of the series.  It's good as a stand alone but not as part of the series.

I agree with you on the new XMen.  I love the newer movies, but they fuck up the timelines.

Damaris

Yeah, exactly.  And then no extra scenes in the end had the audience booing (we were not the only ones that were like WTF).  To me, it was the worst of the series.  It's good as a stand alone but not as part of the series.

I agree with you on the new XMen.  I love the newer movies, but they fuck up the timelines.

Well you can find out in advance whether there will be a post-credits scene (helps if you have a daughter who checks into this kind of thing). So I knew there wouldn't be one, and we didn't bother sticking around for it. Hard to imagine one being appropriate at the end of this movie. Anyway, the Deadpool pre-credits scene made up for it. And I thought it was a good ending.

I think Days of Future Past may actually be my favorite of them all, even though it's the one that messed up the timeline. Doesn't really bug me too much; the complete suspension of disbelief is required for watching the whole series anyway.

Dave

Zelanie