Beginners and Beyond

Bone Chilling FriDAILIES (Read 37 times)

onemile

I didn't want to risk not getting one at all. 

You run in it too? Sweet!

lol yeah they had like 1 left. I wasn't set on getting one just happened to come across it.

that was my first run in it. it was kind of a freezing rain to snow situation

it's fairly decent for a running jacket

onemile

Since I got my Stryd, I've got a Stryd "opinion" on my training, and I've also started using Runalyze, a free log analysis site for the numbers freaks. Compared to Garmin's "Detraining", or "Peaking" diagnosis that seems to be based on astrology from what I hear from people, Stryd and Runalyze take into account the last 6 weeks training load, and the last 7 days.

I have "Overreaching" from Stryd and "Critical" from Runalyze . Ok. I'm supposed to wait 6 weeks before I can make sense of it all, but it's been over 4 weeks and they've been predicting injury and burnout almost from day 1. Dude, check my paces. I haven't run this slow in years. Of course they don't know that. It might all be useless numbers like Garmin, after all. I'll give it some more time, I guess.

interesting. you probably don't have any of your race effort prs in the system for it to know that?

I wore my garmin on top of my wazzie wool today and the heart rate data read wayy high and as a result it gave me a -6 performance condition, said I need 64 hours of recovery after my run, labled my training unproductive and docked me 2 v02 max points! 

Cyberic

interesting. you probably don't have any of your race effort prs in the system for it to know that?

I wore my garmin on top of my wazzie wool today and the heart rate data read wayy high and as a result it gave me a -6 performance condition, said I need 64 hours of recovery after my run, labled my training unproductive and docked me 2 v02 max points! 

Smile Got that all the time from Garmin. That's why I like the 7 days / 6 weeks training load approach as opposed to one single run approach. Also, the power reading is always consistent as opposed to HR data like you got today, so the trend a analysis is based on  more reliable data.