Beginners and Beyond

RR - Boston Marathon 4/15/2019 (Read 74 times)

Julia1971

Nice race report.  It sounds like we had similar days.

• I slogged through the mud pit in my race shoes.  It was gross but because it wasn't a cold day, my feet weren't miserable.  Plus, running yesterday, I realized I brought a little bit of Boston back with me in the form of caked mud on my shoes. Smile
    • I was in corral 1 and it really did make a difference as far as being able to run unrestricted those first few miles.
    • Isn't it funny how the finish line recedes as you make that turn onto Boylston?
    • A 5 minute positive split isn't bad at Boston at all given the Newton Hills come on the back end.
    • I love The Friendly Toast!
    • That 26.2 beer is truly awful.
    RunningOnSand

Awesome RR, Dave, and incredible race. I've been listening to podcasts and reading others' RR's on Boston, and you did incredibly well. Something to be proud of, for sure!

KCRuns

Congrats on a well run race! I’ve enjoyed watching your journey to Boston and think you should do it again, at least once, especially now that you know what to expect.

RunningOnSand

Congrats on a well run race! I’ve enjoyed watching your journey to Boston and think you should do it again, at least once, especially now that you know what to expect.

+1